• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Thanks for that

I've got the same one in my system and great performance with zero problems in the time I've hard it for over 2 years now i think, maybe 3.

Comment

AMD is the way

Comment

I'm going for a Ryzen build next time. The AMD guys seem like a sound bunch.

Comment

I keep thinking to myself, oh it would be nice to do a build from scratch with a high end Ryzen.

Truth is I just don’t need it, my fx4300 quad core 3.8ghz is still doing an sterling job of everything I’ve thrown it, with 16gig of ddr3 and a new RX560 oc 4gig, I’m running creative suite in wqhd and not even sweating the processor or gfx card.

I’m not a professional designer, I’m just doing adverts, image processing and graphic design for myself so the system is only earning me money.

Maybe I’ll build a new system in a few years.

On another note, it’s really fantastic the turn around AMD have achieved in the last few years. Great new graphics cards of all levels, fantastic new processors and coolers, along with FreeSync making lots of headway. Great stuff.
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-05-2018, 20:44.

Comment

Their top end GPUs aren't even close to what Nvidia is offering, but otherwise I'd agree.

Comment

That's right, that's what made me sway Intel/Nvidia this time. The truth is you don't really need the greatest CPU for gaming, and me personally I don't need the greatest GPU... I'm happy with competitive gaming and at the absolute peak probably things like Overwatch at 1440p/144fps or Doom or Skyrim (with graphics mods, obviously) at 4K/60fps. I'm not sure if AMD are quite there yet, but I know that next time they will be. I've no need to play the latest and greatest AAA stuff on Ultra, but being future-proofed a tad is always nice.

Like you Fishbowl my laptop still serves me perfectly well for work purposes and last-gen gaming. It performs like a '360 X'.

Comment

[MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] bargain for an primary OS drive.

Buy 2.5" SSD Hard Drives at Ebuyer.com and find the best prices online. We stock all the SSD leading brands and have finance options available. Shop now and save!

Comment

Cheers. Might be about to buy a whole new PC instead
                    Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] bargain for an primary OS drive.

https://www.ebuyer.com/787170-intens...gb-ssd-3813430
                    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I'm looking for a new Playstation Portable. I've searched the internet and can't find anywhere selling them. Does anyone know of a retailer that might still have some new units in stock or should I just go with a used one?

Comment

A PSP? I'd go used if I were you. I mean they're about to stop production of the Vita, you'd be hard pressed to find a new PSP from a retailer.

Plus you want a PSP 3000, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          A PSP? I'd go used if I were you. I mean they're about to stop production of the Vita, you'd be hard pressed to find a new PSP from a retailer.

Plus you want a PSP 3000, that's for sure.
                          Thanks, I was kinda resigned to used anyway.

I've heard that the 2000 is the one to get as the 3000 has some jaggies on certain images?

Comment

I got a somewhat scuffed, 2nd hand 3000 recently and compared to my 1000, it feels plasticky and light - which I actually is a good thing regarding the weight as the PSP-1000 is too heavy when playing in bed for a few hours. The worries about the screen were unfounded (for me, at least) compared to the 1000 (haven't played a 2000) the screen is a revelation - bright and vivid. The extra brightness setting is brilliant on a sunny day.

It doesn't look or feel like a premium product like the 1000 does but the experience is loads better, IMHO. In fact, I've been FFT:War Of The Lions on it solidly for about 5 weeks. It's been the majority of my limited gaming time.

Comment

Comment

That costs more than my whole PC lol

Comment

Working...
                                X