No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of has to be that way after Endgame. I’m the same. There was no way you could do something like Endgame and continue the momentum. I’m kind of on a movie by movie basis now. Based on the trailers, I’m interested in Shang Chi and they will definitely have my curiosity with others later. I’m in for the next Thor film for sure.

Comment

It feels like marvel are having to draft in the B-Team

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        It feels like marvel are having to draft in the B-Team
        Ironically though, that's what allowed them to excel in the first place - they were in a bad place, and had to try and make something out of Iron Man and Captain America, who weren't popular.

I wonder if that's why it's taking them so long to turn around The X-Men? High expectations?

Comment

I think with X-Men there's been so many recastings and rejiggings during the Fox saga as well as having Deadpool to manage as a current concern, coupled then with the dire state the Fox universe was in by the end which only wrapped up last year that they feel the X-Men need to be benched for a considerable time. Many of the key storylines have also been played out at least once if not more too so when we get them it'll likely be a Spider-Man style reinvention effort as well which will take time too. X-Men is one of the series I'm happy to leave for a while... well, that and Fantastic Four, the world really doesn't need another attempt at that.

Comment

Yeah, I feel it's probably less an active benching and probably more just the other stuff - even after the deal with Fox, there were X-Men leftovers still to play out with that Mutants film and there's some juggling to be done with Deadpool so I think it's more that there is some serious strategising to do. Especially given that they already had so many other films in the works. Fantastic Four has much less baggage in the sense that expectations are very low and they're probably an easy insert into the current slate. The X-Men kind of get their claws in everywhere, if you know what I mean. I can see them appearing across a whole wave of movies.

Comment

Part of me feels that the X-Men would work better as a prestige TV show, or at least, having that as part of its slate.

Though Marvel might be hesitant to go near that due to the legacy of Mutant-X.

Comment

Yeah, I can't know of course but I would imagine that, when they bring in the X-Men, they will go as big as possible.

Comment

With the multi-verse thing happening presumably that will be the way it proceeds, it's easy to imagine an Avengers films having it as a massive moment that can then launch films and likely many, many Disney+ series.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Part of me feels that the X-Men would work better as a prestige TV show, or at least, having that as part of its slate.

Though Marvel might be hesitant to go near that due to the legacy of Mutant-X.
                    Definitely. I'm a big xmen fan and the comics are basically an on running drama. It'd work really well as a series. Needs some cash throwing at it though.

Comment

The trailer gave me "the shiver" and I'm intrigued by what's coming but the hype is muted.

We'll see how Phase 4 pans out. It's Marvel, there's obviously going to be something huge to make folks go "blimey!!"

Comment

I suppose the way things have panned out it means Phase 4 just needs to keep things ticking over, the entire phase begins and ends over the course of just nine months. It's insane that we've had next to nothing for two years and now are set to get more films in an entire phase over the length of one pregnancy than the original phase that lasted four years. From Guardians onward though I hope they step the stakes up as it does feel all side character based.

Comment

Loki has been bumped up to premier on 09 June

Comment

One of the notable absences in the recent Marvel Studios film slate trailer was the lack of any mention of “Blade”. We know the Mahershala Ali-led film is coming and is hoped to be a part of Marvel’s current fourth phase of films, but there has been no date set as yet. Now, THR reports […]

Blade has been delayed by nine months meaning a release in late 2023 at the earliest

Comment

The trailer has landed for Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Comment

I haven't seen the first one and so I had no idea that Cookie Monster does the voice of Venom. They should have advertised that.

Comment

Working...
                                X