Neo Geo MVSX, yet another try from (not)SNK lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo Geo MVSX, yet another try from (not)SNK lol

Seems there's a bartop MVS coming and it acually looks pretty sweet however the price tag is pretty harsh at $500 but it has all the slug games on it which is very tempting.

A bartop size arcade might be a good one to get this time although there's only 50 games on the thing but there's a AVS/MVS switch to make the games behave like either the home or arcade. Will be curious to find out if the games are censored on this like they were on the mini.
    Last edited by importaku; 14-08-2020, 06:07.

Every Neo Geo game use 4 buttons max, so why provide 6 buttons unless they expect it to be hacked.?

Comment

good point i wonder if its for settings in the menu or something although there looks like theres loads above the joysticks too.

Comment

£500 isn't too bad. I don't think you could build a nice emulator like this for much less. I like it.

Comment

its a bit cheaper without the riser base but still not a impulse purchase price, too risky to take a punt until that emulation has been throroughly reviewed but i'm keeping an eye on it.

Comment

£500 turd. lol

Comment

It isn’t SNK releasing this though, it’s just another Tommo debacle waiting to happen. Not that SNK can get anything right hardware wise either these days mind you.

Comment

Zero faith in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  It isn’t SNK releasing this though, it’s just another Tommo debacle waiting to happen. Not that SNK can get anything right hardware wise either these days mind you.
                  Crap you are right, never thought to check that as last 2 were snk just assumed this was also by them. Err yeah definitely a thorough review needed expectations definitely lowered now lol.

Comment

The game list is terrible. For an arcade system as rich as the MVS, do we need this many fighting games? All from the same few series’ no less.

Comment

I could be interested as I’d like a cab but don’t want to deal with old hardware or build my own, I also think I’d play more if it’s all set up and ready to go. I also have the perfect space for it

That said it does have a whiff of crap surrounding it. I like that it have a 4:3 screen but not the six button layout, however I’d live with that if I could add a few extras, or mod it, it’s a maybe from me could be a nice Christmas present to myself.

Comment

For 500 dollars you could but a real Neo Geo MVS board and Neo SD cart and be playing on true hardware knowing it is 100% correct. It wouldn't look as cool but you'd know it was right.

Comment

You could build a MiSTer for $250 and get FPGA everything. Plug it into an old CRT and you're well on your way.

That's the path I'll eventually be taking with building my own custom cabinet.

Comment

Saw this yesterday.

Extremely wary of it (given the non-SNK production angle - we all know how that went last time with the Neo-Geo X), but will await official reviews.

Hard to see this doing well at the RRP when the Neo-Geo Arcade Stick Pro is still around and for a lot cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              Not that SNK can get anything right hardware wise either these days mind you.
                              Unless I'm mistaken, isn't the Arcade Stick Pro an official SNK product? That has had decent reviews and appears to be coming down in price.

Comment

Working...
                              X