Rainbow Six: Siege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    The pre-loaded game wouldn't launch, I had to uninstall it and reinstall to get it to run - got to love UPlay.
    Udon'tPlay more like!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this game, Martino!

Comment

Forgot to cancel my pre-order, I'll be giving it a bash on PS4 tonight.

Comment

The Outbreak update is out for R6: Siege today - 15GB patch thereabouts on the PC.

It's a PvE game mode for up to three players. The thing I don't get is why Ubisoft are patching the mode out again after a month.

This is precisely why I won't spend extra money on games as a service, because publishers can just come along and patch stuff out.

This update is free, but it just seems bonkers to me to spend much time and resources to make this only temporary. I don't enjoy the PvP much, so any extra non-PvP stuff is a bonus.

Will give it a go later and see if it's any good.

Comment

A lot of f2p/online games do this whole limited time events to drive engagement and MTX/lootbox spending. I'd guess this is part of the reason.

Comment

Yeah I think it's weird it's a timed mode... Still it looks brilliant and very L4D in some respects.

Comment

It doesn't play as well as L4D - that was very well balanced in terms of throwing enemies at you - it never seemed completely overwhelming.

This just throws hordes of enemies at you in tight spaces. It's still quite fun and a nice addition though.

Comment

Damn impressive really.

Season 3 launched yesterday and the game has managed to scale up to second place on Steam's selling ranks and has also just hit it's all time high for concurrent online users just over two years and three months after its initial launch

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  The Outbreak update is out for R6: Siege today - 15GB patch thereabouts on the PC.

It's a PvE game mode for up to three players. The thing I don't get is why Ubisoft are patching the mode out again after a month.

This is precisely why I won't spend extra money on games as a service, because publishers can just come along and patch stuff out.

This update is free, but it just seems bonkers to me to spend much time and resources to make this only temporary. I don't enjoy the PvP much, so any extra non-PvP stuff is a bonus.

Will give it a go later and see if it's any good.
                  They did it the other week with the Predator mode in GR:WL, that was only there for a month

Comment

I think the real reason for this limited mode has become clear - it's to push their content of the Outbreak loot boxes which are only purchasable with real money.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      They did it the other week with the Predator mode in GR:WL, that was only there for a month
                      Predator mode was still available when I played GR:WL this morning (which I wasn’t expecting).

Comment

Ubisoft has confirmed that the online shooter will be coming to Xbox 4 and Playstation 5 with absolutely no plans made to make a sequel

Comment

Only just been exposed to this on the Xbox. Looks amazing fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            Ubisoft has confirmed that the online shooter will be coming to Xbox 4 and Playstation 5 with absolutely no plans made to make a sequel
                            I mean, it's a living product that sees new stuff added to it quite regularly. Not having a sequel doesn't surprise all that much as it'd probably just be more of the same.

Comment

Anyone here playing? My son is pulling off 1v5 clutches

Comment

In the spirit of Christmas my son's clan is mucking about giving armor "gifts" to the enemy team and having dances outside. It is pretty funny to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X