X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Arena: Future Sports Games

Speedball - 1988

Speedball 2 - 1990

Future Basketball/Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball - 1990[Amiga]/1991[SNES]

2020 Super Baseball - 1991

Soccer Brawl - 1992

Brutal Sports Football - 1993

Here we have six future sports games that had varying degrees of popularity back in the day.

Which one do you like the most?
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 07-05-2018, 08:05.

No one interested in future sports games? My favourite is still Speedball 2. The Amiga version is always fun to play with a friend. Soccer Brawl is also a great game, so I go back to it now and then. Brutal Sports Football is really good on the Amiga; the Jaguar version is even better imo, so one of the better Jag games.

Comment

Soccer Brawl. I must have spent my entire comprehensive school dinner breaks and dinner money, playing that game; no wonder I was only 7 and half stone all through my comprehensive days and had a six pack.

So miss those days on all counts

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        Soccer Brawl. I must have spent my entire comprehensive school dinner breaks and dinner money, playing that game; no wonder I was only 7 and half stone all through my comprehensive days and had a six pack.

So miss those days on all counts
        I really need to go on the Soccer Brawl diet. My best mate at the time was also really skinny because he spent all his money on magazines, arcade machines, and games.

It's a huge shame that SNK didn't put Soccer Brawl on the tabletop Neo Geo.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          I really need to go on the Soccer Brawl diet. My best mate at the time was also really skinny because he spent all his money on magazines, arcade machines, and games.
          It was the best diet of them all, Good times. I don't think I ever acutally spent any of my school dinner money on food, it either went to Arcade games on my dinner break or saving up for a MD or MS game. Loved Soccer Brawl and still love playing it now.

Yeah, its gutting its not on the Neo Geo Classic

Comment

Easy for me, Speedball 2.

Comment

Definitely Soccer Brawl... it’s awesome games like this that really define the Neo.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                Definitely Soccer Brawl... it’s awesome games like this that really define the Neo.
                Yeah, I remember first seeing it in a Brighton arcade - the graphics really impressed me. The colourful graphics, big bold sprites, and intense action made it the most impressive sports game I'd seen.

Comment

Working...
                X