Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yooooo, 165Hz is so freaking smooth what the hell. This is awesome. Monitor seems like a real nice option for the £350.

Comment

[MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] I have a 120hz panel with dvi input and a GPU with DisplayPort so cant try it out cheaply as I’d need one of those hundred quid startech active converters.

I’m playing dragons dogma, Arma, but mostly I’m playing Elite. In future I’ll play Skyrim again and probably oblivion and even morrowind. Might venture into Hell Let Loose and flight sims as well.

Oh, Grim Dawn I’m playing too.

Comment

It only has DVI? That's curious, does DVI-D even have the bandwidth for 120Hz? No HDMI?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Yooooo, 165Hz is so freaking smooth what the hell. This is awesome.
          This was me for the first 18 months of being on 165Hz myself. Playing current-gen stuff on ultra settings at those kind of frame-rates is absolutely mind-bending.

There's simply no going back to 60Hz, unless I'm using a controller like I said.

Comment

It only has DVI? That's curious, does DVI-D even have the bandwidth for 120Hz? No HDMI?
            There's enough bandwidth for 120hz at 1920x1200. 1440p is 60hz only.

Comment

It's old. Before Display Port was a thing and HDMI specs hadn't moved to supporting anythign over 60Hz sp yeah, DVI Dual Link needed for 120Hz

Comment

Not the fanciest of new hardware, but I've got myself a new printer.

Comment

Three of the Ds!!!

Let us know how you get on

Comment

Didn't really know where to post this... Microsoft and iFixit are joining forces to design, manufacture, and provide tools to repair some devices from the Surface line.

iFixit Pro independent repairers, Microsoft Authorized Service Providers, Microsoft Experience Centers, and Microsoft Commercial customers can now purchase…

Comment

Following on from the above, the Framework laptop is now available for preorder in the UK:

Framework Laptop: A thin, light, high-performance notebook that's upgradeable, repairable, and 100% yours. Order today with the latest configuration options.

Comment

Your company's market is slumping? You cannot compete in the either the low end or high end of computing equipment? Then, why not come up with some snake oil ethernet switch dedicated to audiophiles with a special technology that enhances streamed audio?
                        Well, the Ethernet Switch UEF is the product for you! Just $2500 for this baby, and there are some cheap bundles of ethernet cables for $300 too!

No, serioyusly, please someone explain how this switch enhaces a stream of 1 and 0 over a standard ethernet connection.

Comment

The Galileo level base and the tranquility core of course. THE TRANQUILLITY CORE

Comment

Someone put both Galileo level base and tranquility core on an SSD.

Comment

overall it is more resistant to hearing

Hmmmmm. Do I want something in my audio chain that makes music more resistant to hearing?

Comment

Audiophile or audiofool? And why the fook is vinyl still this amazing gold standard? It was a great invention but should have been left behind decades ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X