Luigi's Mansion 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luigi's Mansion 3

Extremely early in the game after maybe an hours play in total but it seems to be another winner in the series. So far the game is full of all the usual visual little touches and flourishes that marks the series out as being, randomly, one of Nintendo's best looking series. Luigi has a whole new set of little mannerisms as he rummages round the hotel, you quickly get your backpack back (though it seems fairly randomly located) and whilst I'm sure there'll be plenty of ideas scattered through the game so far it's very much more of what the previous games contained.

It'll just be me but having worked through the second entry not long ago I'm finding the aiming on the right stick fiddly, but otherwise it broadly already has a bit more of an original LM vibe about it. Very interested to see if having that console structure back allows it to breathe out in a way that tops the previous efforts.
    1 - Gives me the Willies
    0%
    0%
    0%
    4 - In Mean Spirits
    0%
    0%
    6 - Luigi Sucked Me Up
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    10 - Grabbed by the Ghoulies
    0%

Loved the series and thought the second one on the 3DS was superb. This one probably makes me regret selling my Switch

Comment

Probably around a third of the way through and whilst this is in many ways more of the same it's also ruddy glorious. It looks constantly great and plays well too, just the right balance of elements in it and it's so great to see what was a quirky Gamecube launch game finally get the chance to shine and become a core franchise that it deserves to be, a sign Nintendo really should look back at its past IP's more often.

Comment

Perfect couch multiplayer game with a partner/friends. Like Neon said it's more of the same but what is here is really fun. Graphics are lovely too.

Comment

Loving it so far although not too keen on the torch aiming mechanic . Loving the VB references

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
            VB references
            Give us a clue.

Comment

Virtual Boy?

Comment

Victoria Beckham?

Comment

Vagina bleaching

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                    Vagina bleaching
                    Escalation!

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                      Perfect couch multiplayer game with a partner/friends. Like Neon said it's more of the same but what is here is really fun. Graphics are lovely too.
                      Thinking about getting this for my son for Christmas, but could you tell me more about the couch co-op, please?

Does it work with half a JoyCon each like Odyssey or does it need a whole pad each like Minecraft?

I know it sounds silly, but is this scary? For kids, I mean!

Comment

Definitely not scary, but honestly as much as the evolution from LM>LM2>LM3 isn't that huge I'm enjoying this quite a lot more than the likes of BOTW and Odyssey. It's very straight forward and good at what it does without all the excess fat of things that those games aren't good at dragging the experience down. A solid hour on it and afterwards I should roll over in bed and have a celebratory cigarette

Comment

So impressed- this has been fine tuned to a great level. I'm working through in bite sized chunks- one floor at a time is a great way to play. Just those elevator doors opening and anticipating what's next is great!!

Comment

Yeah, for sure you can play it with no issues with a joycon each. The only thing that is really taken away is the torch aiming as it changes to an auto-aim which actually makes things easier imo.
                            I think playing in 2-player is definitely preferable as it's kinda clunky in 1-player switching between Gooigi and Luigi.

Comment

Thanks chaps.
                              Tried to tap my son about it to see if he knew about it, but I've forgotten the endless barrage of adverts on the Switch home page, so he did.

He didn't tell me what's going on his Christmas list though, that's for Father Christmas to know!

Comment

Working...
                              X