Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
    Thanks for asking.

My wife came down with coughing and high temperature last week. She was pretty much wiped out for 3 days but she's much better now. About the same time she was getting better I started to get ill. I've not been as bad as her but I've got no energy and have been sleeping for most of the day.
    Sounds like how we were at the end of January, the bloke had it about 5 days before and blamed it on bad manflu messing badly with his sinuses and giving him a cough whilst I was wiped out for a good 3-4 days.

Glad to hear the little one is coping ok through all this!

Comment

The Trust where I work as a nurse had four deaths in the last week that were confirmed people with Covid-19. The youngest was 47. Stay at home if you can. Please.

Comment

I really hope no one here goes to Defcon5

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          I really hope no one here goes to Defcon5
          You've got to be rich or dying to reach that point so yeah, I hope so too

Got my dad dropping off some much needed supplies tomorrow. Bacon on toast with brown sauce, I legitimately cannot wait.

Comment

I now know people in real life who have had people they know die from this and it makes it feel all the more real. I don’t want to get it and I don’t want to give it to anyone else.

Comment

Indeed. There's an older bloke at work in ICU at present. It's going to start hitting close to home for a lot of people over the coming weeks.

Comment

Well here in Ireland pretty much a full lockdown now though still some confusion on what shops they consider Essential

Comment

Supermarket was quiet, key isles still stripped bare but manageable otherwise. Queuing to get in was weird.
                  A few days in and I don't mind saying, I could really get used to a world this quiet and peaceful. It's so much nicer out there beside the virus.

Comment

One of my fav YouTube channel, 3Blue1Brown, has done a video on infection spread modelling which shows why being slow off the mark in the UK and not doing widespread testing and isolation is a bad way to go about things.

Experiments with toy SIR modelsHelp fund future projects: https://www.patreon.com/3blue1brownAn equally valuable form of support is to simply share some of t...

Worth a watch as it shows how different factors impact on spread and why you really want to limit how often you nip down the shop for essentials.

Comment

Yesterday the bloke was talking about us going 'first thing in the morning' on Saturday to get some stuff for breakfast and any essentials (basically fresh veg or frozen rather than resorting to opening tins).

I have done most of the shop runs recently and knew it would be a nightmare at our local tescos well before opening so I managed to go to the big Sainsburys near work on my lunch break yesterday. Best organised that I have seen, got a trolley first (I usually just get a basket but I'm finding them too heavy to carry nowerdays.) social distancing was kept all around the car park with an attendant with spray bottles and paper to wipe down trolleys (I had wipes with me anyway).

The queue moved quite quickly and I was in the store in less than 20 minutes and the store looked pretty well stocked and sensible. Freezer section, tins, dry pasta/rice and loo rolls (didn't look for soap) were the only barren parts of the shop, everything else was pretty well stock including the meat. Couldn't get my filtered milk I prefer but I got some rather bad looking fresh peppers and managed to grab some frozen 'fajita veg mix' bags which will do us fine.

Friends that work in NHS have been sharing messages that the hospitals expect a big boost/ peak in deaths very soon in relation to patterns have gone in Italy and Spain. Gonna start relying on my corner shop more than the supermarkets and only if I have to.

Comment

A colleague’s father died of this yesterday. Feels like it is getting closer and closer each day.

Comment

I had to get the bus yesterday (dropped my car off at the garage for the brakes fixing - last day of the garage being open) and during the 30 minute bus ride, about 15 over-70s got on like nothing was wrong. One of them even said they'd just been told off by their daughter for doing so (they were making an essential trip to buy some lettuce apparently) and this caused a general debate where it was summed up as "a load of rubbish". None of them had any kind of mask/gloves and most of them sat near each other. It's an interesting counterpoint to the various social media stories about the young folks having barbeques and what-not. Thankfully my car is fixed now.

Comment

That indifference to death isn't surprising to me.

Reminds me of this: https://twitter.com/YesMissMurphy/st...365211648?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                              I had to get the bus yesterday (dropped my car off at the garage for the brakes fixing - last day of the garage being open) and during the 30 minute bus ride, about 15 over-70s got on like nothing was wrong. One of them even said they'd just been told off by their daughter for doing so (they were making an essential trip to buy some lettuce apparently) and this caused a general debate where it was summed up as "a load of rubbish". None of them had any kind of mask/gloves and most of them sat near each other. It's an interesting counterpoint to the various social media stories about the young folks having barbeques and what-not. Thankfully my car is fixed now.
                              I've noticed this too. The amount of elderly out and about gossiping in packs is astonishing and deeply irritating considering everyone is cooped up indoors in large part to keep them safe. Selfish mother****ers, I wouldn't be aggrieved to see the virus cut a swathe through 'em. It's only unfortunate it isn't able to discriminate and target these types directly.

Comment

I live in a street of bungalows, mine is the only house. Obviously these bungalows are full of old people and every single one has had family visit. Sometimes twice this week. Not to drop stuff off, but full on family visits. On the most part people are following the rules, but there are some selfish MoFos in my street.

Comment

Working...
                                X