Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I got MG volume 1-3 & just lost interest by the 3rd book
    I had no interest in finding out where it was going so dropped it

I'm only reading a few books now but find my favourites at the moment are the Warhammer 40k books from Titan Comics
    Got to a saturation point I think where there isn't much exciting in the books from DC & Marvel

I am trying to go back & buy all the IDW Collected volumes for Transformers, GI Joe & Turtles...this is EXPENSIVE though

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
      I am trying to go back & buy all the IDW Collected volumes for Transformers, GI Joe & Turtles...this is EXPENSIVE though

Neil
      I’ve been getting the lovely hardback Turtles Ultimate Collection and IDW Turtles Collection since they started... the new IDW comics are awesome.

I would like the IDW Transformers one but there’s two series now, and there always seems to be one or two volumes in each series that are constantly out of print. Which is bloody annoying, although at the same time it’s saving me an absolute fortune. I mean, why would IDW want to keep all their stuff in stock so I can give them several hundred quid. Silly me.

Comment

William Gibson’s Alien 3 script is getting a comic book adaptation...

Comment

I'll give that a look I reckon. I always like the sound of Vincent Ward's script too, with the wooden planet.

Comment

Yeah this could turn out to be very interesting.

Comment

After selling some of my statues, I used a bit of the funds for this purchase.

Ideally I would have preferred to have bought a graded set, but in all my time of checking, I’ve never seen a complete set for sale. There has been the odd issue, but I’ve either never had the money available or had other priorities.

The cover art is just fantastic.

Soundwave - I recollect that you have used a service/shop for your comics to be sent away to be graded. Can you give me some guidance please? Thanks old chap.

Comment

Oh, very cool! I loved that story back in the day. Those covers are beautiful.

Comment

That's a great choice.
                  A really good story that has always stuck in my head since reading it in Transformers.

I like how those covers show Machine Man being built.

Comment

Popped to the library today.
                    My son did a comic writing session and I borrowed these books:

Captain Marvel - Rise of Alpha Flight
                    Judge Dredd - 13 Judges
                    Spider-Man 2099 - Spider-Verse
                    Transformers - Robots in Disguise Vol. 3
                    Guardians of the Galaxy - Guardians of Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                      After selling some of my statues, I used a bit of the funds for this purchase.

Ideally I would have preferred to have bought a graded set, but in all my time of checking, I’ve never seen a complete set for sale. There has been the odd issue, but I’ve either never had the money available or had other priorities.

The cover art is just fantastic.

Soundwave - I recollect that you have used a service/shop for your comics to be sent away to be graded. Can you give me some guidance please? Thanks old chap.
                      Lovely find buddy, they look glorious.

There is a company in the UK who work with the Comic Grading guys (CGC) & will arrange to send them over to the guys in the states for you & then return them when they are done.

They are called Scotts Collectables...

Would be well worth looking at for them but won't be cheap.

I had 2 new arrivals this week...well not really new I have had them for a while but until last week they were just comics with blank covers.
                      However I then gave them to an artist called Phil Buckenham who took them away & drew all over them for me in return for some of my money

So here I have my finished commissions for M.A.S.K issue 1 & Batman Issue 50

I'm really pleased with them & I definitely want a few more

Neil

Comment

At last. Finally bagged one. Worth the wait too ... the books are really nicely made

Comment

Another couple for my fledgling collection.

Probably the best Dr. Doom cover ever, and I’ve a soft spot for Doomsday kicking Supe’s arse!

Comment

Damn you! I’ve just been looking on eBay for graded Ninja Turtles comics... and I’ve found a 3rd print of #1 graded 9.6. Oh dear....

Comment

Just popped into Asda and saw they had one of those comic collections; this time for Deadpool.

Issue 1 is £1.99 and is a hardback copy of Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, which is a fun read for less than two quid.
                              I enjoyed Punisher KTMU a bit more, but it's still fun to see how they'd get The Merc' With a Mouth to dispatch everyone.

It also comes with a small magazine about the character.

80 issues with the remaining at £9.99 means I won't get further than issue 1, but a bargain is a bargain.
                              [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION], any use to you?

Comment

OOh, wish someone could get me copy of that!

Comment

Working...
                                X