Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Just popped into Asda and saw they had one of those comic collections; this time for Deadpool.

Issue 1 is £1.99 and is a hardback copy of Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, which is a fun read for less than two quid.
    I enjoyed Punisher KTMU a bit more, but it's still fun to see how they'd get The Merc' With a Mouth to dispatch everyone.

It also comes with a small magazine about the character.

80 issues with the remaining at £9.99 means I won't get further than issue 1, but a bargain is a bargain.
    @Soundwave, any use to you?
    Saw this whilst rooting around for the Warhammer publication. Bit of a bargain for £1.99. Would have bought it, but for me, Deadpool has turned into some sort of overboard franchise with the amount of merchandise you find him on. And Slade Wilson would chop him up for breakfast!

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
      Damn you! I’ve just been looking on eBay for graded Ninja Turtles comics... and I’ve found a 3rd print of #1 graded 9.6. Oh dear....
      The big question. Did you buy it?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
        The big question. Did you buy it?!?
        I am very much contemplating it... it’ll be 500 quid including shipping. But then again a first print seems to be at least ten times that, so this is the best I’ll get until my numbers roll in.

I have just been looking at a nice walnut and glass display cabinet on Argos for the boy’s PSA Pokémon cards though... and possibly other such things like Warhammer figures. And comics. Of the Ninja Turtles variety.

Comment

Just popped into Asda and saw they had one of those comic collections; this time for Deadpool.

Issue 1 is £1.99 and is a hardback copy of Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, which is a fun read for less than two quid.
          I enjoyed Punisher KTMU a bit more, but it's still fun to see how they'd get The Merc' With a Mouth to dispatch everyone.

It also comes with a small magazine about the character.

80 issues with the remaining at £9.99 means I won't get further than issue 1, but a bargain is a bargain.
          [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION], any use to you?

Yeah saw those
          Definitely not for me though, can't stand Deadpool
          Has got up there with Wolverine & Harley Quinn as most overused & overrated characters in all of comics
          Can't stand any of them

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Yeah saw those
            Definitely not for me though, can't stand Deadpool
            Has got up there with Wolverine & Harley Quinn as most overused & overrated characters in all of comics
            Can't stand any of them

Neil
            Fair play.

This comes from 2012, a good four years before the first movie came out so a bit before over-saturation of the character.
            There's a funny bit you'd like where Deadpool's fighting Wolverine and says it's not his regenerative powers that have saved him over the years, it's popularity.

I read it last night and I'm sure you could pick holes in it like Spider-Man's Spider-Sense would have saved him and Hulk has turned from Banner form to save him, but it's just a bit of fun.

Well, I say that, but it's actually quite dark. There's not many gags in it and it's quite full-on.

It breaks the fourth-wall, but more than the usual "talking to the reader" trick, it plays with a lot of comic practices and rules.

Deffo worth it for £1.99, but I'll read the second half tonight.

Comment

Fair play.

This comes from 2012, a good four years before the first movie came out so a bit before over-saturation of the character.
              There's a funny bit you'd like where Deadpool's fighting Wolverine and says it's not his regenerative powers that have saved him over the years, it's popularity.

I read it last night and I'm sure you could pick holes in it like Spider-Man's Spider-Sense would have saved him and Hulk has turned from Banner form to save him, but it's just a bit of fun.

Well, I say that, but it's actually quite dark. There's not many gags in it and it's quite full-on.

It breaks the fourth-wall, but more than the usual "talking to the reader" trick, it plays with a lot of comic practices and rules.

Deffo worth it for £1.99, but I'll read the second half tonight.
              Not liked him for a long time...think ever since the Marvel Zombies stuff & the last volume I read was just his disembodied head going round surviving, it was terrible & totally spoilt the Zombie thing & the character entirely.

The rest of the stuff in the last few years has just made it even worse for me

Neil

Comment

Currently spending a bit of money on some slabbed comics that I have been after a while.

Action comics #1000 - I got sent this in error. The seller apologised profusely for sending me the incorrect comic, and said I could keep this for free!�� I’ve taken a quick look on eBay and its about £120, so nothing to complain about there!

A nice Adam Hughes cover.

And finally, an issue that I’ve been after for quite a while. Great design.

Got a couple of more coming in the post, so I’ll post them once they’ve arrived.

Comment

For me, this is probably the best Batgirl cover ever. Unfortunately, I had to pay a premium to obtain it, but I have no regrets.

Comment

For me, this is probably the best Batgirl cover ever. Unfortunately, I had to pay a premium to obtain it, but I have no regrets.

Damn that's glorious
                    How much was said premium if you don't mind me asking?

Neil

Comment

It’s a shame bar codes exist. Many a book cover and album art ruined by their presence.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        It’s a shame bar codes exist. Many a book cover and album art ruined by their presence.
                        Never understood why they don't put them on the back
                        Would have a nice clean front that way

Comment

Or on a sticker you can easily remove

Comment

Think with a sticker there is always a chance of it tearing the cover.

Think on the back or inside the front cover would be a better idea

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                              Damn that's glorious
                              How much was said premium if you don't mind me asking?

Neil
                              £270. I got caught in a bidding war for another copy prior to the one I won. That got to £240ish. These, until very recently, did not come up for sale in 9.8’s very often, and with the artist ‘Lau Artgerm’ becoming a ‘hot artist’, I feared his early work, such as this cover, becoming sought after by other collectors, thus driving up the price.

Needless to say, there is a copy on eBay now for £30 less than what I bought mine for. So what do I know!

Comment

£270. I got caught in a bidding war for another copy prior to the one I won. That got to £240ish. These, until very recently, did not come up for sale in 9.8’s very often, and with the artist ‘Lau Artgerm’ becoming a ‘hot artist’, I feared his early work, such as this cover, becoming sought after by other collectors, thus driving up the price.

Needless to say, there is a copy on eBay now for £30 less than what I bought mine for. So what do I know!
                                WOW pricey

I love an Artgerm piece his stuff is amazing

I have 4 of his signed prints in my collection & a couple of covers but nothing graded...yet

Another nice addition to your growing collection though dude

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X