X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Vive preorders in the UK go live today for ?689

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-689-in-the-uk
    It is ?746.60 with (express) shipping. I heard that some people managed to get the shipping down to ?5, but that wasn't available when I placed the order :/
    So if anyone need a kidney, let me know...

Comment

That is some serious coin, exciting times once both the Vive & Rift are in peoples hands and we get genuine impressions.

If I was brave enough to order either I would have gone for the Vive.

Comment

I've got the Samsung Gear VR, while not as powerful as Vive/Rift it's still very impressive and very very fun. Some neat games on it, also love being able to watch films on train/bus as though I'm watching a huge screen!

Comment

A fan of 3D gaming experiences? Keep an eye on VR then because Samsung just put another nail in the coffin of 3DTV

Once hoped to be the next great breakthrough in home televisions, 3D on your home screen is now going the way of the dinosaur. CNET has confirmed with a source at Samsung, the world’s largest manufacturer of flat screens, that none of its 2016 US TV models will support 3D – and thus will not […]

Comment

Boooo. *throws a rotten tomato*

Comment

The best independent hands on comparison of the Vive and Rift that you'll find so far

Comment

Err... Twin Peaks VR it seeems

Comment

A dark cloud for VR as Facebook reportedly cancels development of the next gen iteration of Rift

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...headset-for-pc

A dark cloud for VR as Facebook reportedly cancels development of the next gen iteration of Rift
                    I still don't know why they bought the bloody thing in the first place. It killed a lot of people's interest in Oculus.

Comment

I had initially speculated on why it could be a really good fit for them at the time (not necessarily for us), owning a possible hardware leader while creating a VR infrastructure that could become the next social space. I think that will happen at some point... but that point is not now and it seems it’s not in the near future so, yeah, I’m left where you are. Right now, this seems like nothing Facebook will benefit from and hasn’t in any way helped VR.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        I had initially speculated on why it could be a really good fit for them at the time (not necessarily for us), owning a possible hardware leader while creating a VR infrastructure that could become the next social space. I think that will happen at some point... but that point is not now and it seems it’s not in the near future so, yeah, I’m left where you are. Right now, this seems like nothing Facebook will benefit from and hasn’t in any way helped VR.
                        It honestly destroyed my faith in the guys who built Oculus. They always seemed plucky and principled. I understood that they needed a big investor or they would never break through the glass ceiling into making something commercially viable (which VR sorely needed) but jumping into bed with Facebook honestly made me wonder if all Oculus's identity was just PR - like when any Silicon Valley firm talks about wanting to change the world, but they'll happily sell out to any big investor once the cheques have enough zeroes at the end.

Comment

Yep, I agree. Unfortunately that just seems to be the way of things now. It's making some people a lot of money but it feels broken to me.

Comment

Was never going to go mainstream on PC really. Too much choice in the market fragments it, oculus store, windows Mixed Reality etc. causes confusion. Left to Sony to try and make it really and they're doing quite a good job I think. System requirements are that you have a PS4, which is easy for people to understand. Today, everything else you *need* comes in the box. PS4 has the best VR games too; I don't think Borderlands is coming to anything bar PS4?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Was never going to go mainstream on PC really. Too much choice in the market fragments it, oculus store, windows Mixed Reality etc. causes confusion. Left to Sony to try and make it really and they're doing quite a good job I think. System requirements are that you have a PS4, which is easy for people to understand. Today, everything else you *need* comes in the box. PS4 has the best VR games too; I don't think Borderlands is coming to anything bar PS4?
                              Yup Sony have done an amazing job with the PSVR, I hope they continue with another iteration when the next gen of consoles hits us.
                              I Have a Vive and a Rift so I`m going to disagree with you on the "PS4 has the best games", I would go with better curated collection.
                              Bang for buck PSVR.

Comment

That’s fair, and probably more what I meant

Comment

Working...
                                X