No announcement yet.

Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like one of my fave psvr games, red matter is getting a limited run games physical version, can't find anything on it on their website but apparently july 17th is the date been mentioned from youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
      The Vita brawler Uppers is getting a PS4 remaster on 2nd August. Shopto have it up for preorder for £27.85 https://www.shopto.net/en/ps4up01-uppers-p62016/
      IIRC that was announced a year or so ago. Good to see it not lost in limbo, it's actually a decent game from the makers of Kenka Banchou.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Looks like one of my fave psvr games, red matter is getting a limited run games physical version, can't find anything on it on their website but apparently july 17th is the date been mentioned from youtube.
        Their PSVR releases are always on wednesdays, though not every wednesday.

Tweet
        Last edited by Deuteros; 15-07-2019, 21:22. Reason: Tweet embedding fail...

Comment

Vasara Collection will go up for sale at 11 p.m. The Vita version should sell out in minutes but the PS4 and Switch versions will probably last a couple of days.

Comment

Whoops - looks like I missed that. There's a non-limited Japanese version though, right?

I'm planning on grabbing Rogue Legacy from LRG but as it's a time-limited one, am also holding on to see if I can get its window to overlap with another copy-limited sale.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Whoops - looks like I missed that. There's a non-limited Japanese version though, right?
              I'm not sure if there will be... One of SLG's emails mentioned they funded the porting process, so it'd be strange for another company to handle a different physical release. This was also a decent print run: 4000 Switch copies and 2000 each PS4 and PS Vita copies. They went surprisingly fast, much faster than R-Type Dimensions EX, for instance.

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              I'm planning on grabbing Rogue Legacy from LRG but as it's a time-limited one, am also holding on to see if I can get its window to overlap with another copy-limited sale.
              Preorders for Rogue Legacy won't close until the 16th of August so you'll have three fridays of releases. Have it in your cart and be logged into PayPal beforehand.

Comment

No, there’s a regular Japanese release... pre-ordered this a few days ago as I’m fed up with all this limited run bull****.

Get Vasara Collection - First Press Edition (English Included) from the PlayStation 4 category directly from Japan. Pay-Later, Worldwide Shipping and 5% loyalty points!

Comment

Yeah, jumping through hoops for the privilege of handing over one's money for something is annoying.

These limited print run releases were born out of the idea that the interest wasn't there for a larger retail release. But then, people started buying them because their interest is in their limited availability and it all went a bit pear-shaped...

Comment

I'm pretty sure that was always their intention.

Make them "rare" to make them more tempting.

Comment

The problem is it’s just a scalpers paradise, soon as they are sold out they all magically appear on eBay with an extra zero on the price tag. But it’s never gonna change, if people want stuff they have to battle for it or have deep pockets.

Comment

Timespinner for PS4/Switch is up today. That'll be me sticking in an order for that and Rogue Legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                          Vasara Collection will go up for sale at 11 p.m. The Vita version should sell out in minutes but the PS4 and Switch versions will probably last a couple of days.
                          How come none of these limited run companies make Xbox One discs? Is there actually some reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            How come none of these limited run companies make Xbox One discs? Is there actually some reason?
                            I believe Xbox disc production has a higher minimum number that companies don’t want to or can’t commit to.
                            I suppose you can’t make a limited run game when MS are asking for 10,000 minimum discs to be produced.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                              I believe Xbox disc production has a higher minimum number that companies don’t want to or can’t commit to.
                              I suppose you can’t make a limited run game when MS are asking for 10,000 minimum discs to be produced.
                              I see. That's a bummer but also I dislike the whole limited run system anyway. It makes getting games that you want difficult and hikes up prices on the 2nd hand market. It's obvious that most of these limited run games have a wider market than what they cater for.

Comment

Rumour has it that, during the Xbox 360 days, Microsoft had a 50,000 minimum limit for production runs of any given title. This requirement was lowered to only 6,000 units for physical releases in the japanese market.

Nowadays, Nintendo and Sony are clearly happier to accomodate smaller print runs. Sony, at least, has the facilities to produce its own media, which I'm sure helps.

Limited Run Games have made public that they've tried talking to Microsoft about publishing for their platform but have gotten nowhere. They haven't even been given a conclusive number as the minimum limit for a production run.

Comment

Working...
                                X