Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In an alarming move, parts of West Yorkshire have been moved into North West England.

It's almost as if the government know nothing about anything above the Midlands.

Comment

Few peeps at work talking about plans for the weekend - yeah, no-one gives a **** about the Government's lockdown announcement.

It's definitely about Eid

Comment

Wearing a face mask in places like museums, cinemas and places of worship will be mandatory from 08 August

Comment

Restrictions were eased, infections went up, restrictions had to be introduced.

No one was shocked that day - it's almost as if there's an active virus with no vacination on the loose.

Comment

Here, our government seem determined to reopen schools after the summer and yet with bugger all by way of plans to stop them becoming a covid party. Not sure what it would take to make me feel comfortable about letting my kids go back to school but I'm starting to feel like I'm going to have to start making plans around just keeping them home. Which sucks.

Comment

Johnson just ended the Coronavirus Update saying "Hands. Face. Space."

Obviously everyone is making the Head, shoulders, knees and toes or the Woman, camera, man, TV associations, which is fun, but I'm always thinking he'd rather us joke about that, than us press them on any real issues.

Comment

I'm not surprised by the idea of reintroduction of any restrictions, what I'm surprised about is the method. They announced it via Twitter at about 10pm and made it effective from midnight, so anyone who had already gone to bed (or doesn't check the Internet all the time) won't have had any clue about it until it had already happened. They chose to do this on the first day of a major religious holiday (especially in the areas effected) where most families will have already got together by then, so it'd already be too late for tens of thousands of families. No detail about the restriction was published until after it had actually happened, so people in more complex situations had to guess what to do. The local press in all of these areas were not informed and it'll have already been past the point of stopping the presses for the weekly local papers so there's probably a considerable amount of people who don't have the Internet who still don't know about it. To top things off, they've consistently referred to it as the North West England coronavirus restrictions in the official government information, despite it covering several places in West Yorkshire (which is not the North West at all). I can probably go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                  what I'm surprised about is the method.
                  Are you really surprised? Really?

Like "Wow, it's not like them to bungle relaying important information, with contradicting elements, that can be misconstrued and then blame passed to others!"

Comment

Probably more irritated than surprised.

Comment

You can’t give me important information over twitter as I don’t have an account. Or tv as I have no license. I also don’t listen to the radio or buy papers so someone is count to have to come to my house and in person. Or post something here.

Comment

Working...
                      X