Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks devilcrush

Comment

If you threaten them with small claims bear in mind it does cost you money to actually take them to court (50-80) I think, but should you win I think that you can get them to pay costs

Comment

I find it pretty disgusting that they haven't even bothered to email me back. Not even a copy and paste effort. This company is a joke.

Comment

same here no reply yet and ive tried 3 different email addys

Comment

Originally posted by Tesco
            Dear Customer

Firstly, please accept our apologies for the delay in our reply and thank you for your email regarding your recent order for the Left 4 Dead game that was cancelled. We're sorry that you remain unhappy with our response as this certainly wasn't our intention.

In the first e-mail we sent you, we mentioned there was an error in the price at the time that you placed your order, and as a result we had to cancel this item. We fully appreciate why you have taken the time to contact us again, yet we are unable to fulfil your order for 'Left 4 Dead' at ?15.00.

Unfortunately, these pricing mistakes can happen and we do have the right to cancel your order and have no legal obligation to supply your order. When you place an order with us you enter into our Terms and Conditions. Our Terms and Conditions, as quoted below, have been complied with and state:

"If, by mistake, we have under priced a product, we will not be liable to supply that product to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we dispatch the product to you. In those circumstances, we will notify the correct price to you so you can decide whether or not you wish to order the product at that price. If you decide not to order the product, we will give you a full refund on any amount already paid for that product in accordance with our refund policy in section 6 below."

It may come to your attention that you have been charged for the game primarily and other customers managed to receive their orders. Orders which were placed before this error was reported have gone through our dispatch process and were sent to the customer. As soon as the mistake was brought to our attention, we corrected the price on the website and made our customers aware that any outstanding orders wouldn't be fulfilled. We can confirm that a full refund has been issued back to your account if you had been charged for the order and might take up to 10 working days for the refund to appear in your account

Once again, we?re sorry for the delay in getting back to your e-mail, but we trust that this e-mail has helped to explain things in more detail. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter and we hope that you will give Tesco Entertainments another chance to provide you with the service you rightfully deserve.

Kind Regards

Tesco Customer Service
            Looks like no dice for us.

Comment

This bit

It may come to your attention that you have been charged for the game primarily and other customers managed to receive their orders. Orders which were placed before this error was reported have gone through our dispatch process and were sent to the customer. As soon as the mistake was brought to our attention, we corrected the price on the website and made our customers aware that any outstanding orders wouldn't be fulfilled.
              is just ****ing lies. One of the Hot Deals spackers phoned within hours of the deal going up to tell them and they confirmed it was a mistake, yet people were still able to order it on the Monday.

And there's evidence in various threads on the internet that people ordered it long after some others who didn't get it, yet their copies still arrived.

What a bunch of lying toss bags. I wouldn't touch their online store again if you paid me.

Sorry for the language and tone of this post but I really get pissed off when companies treat you like a total dumbass and out and out lie to try and cover things up. All they have to say is `it was a pricing error, we ballsed it right up and some of the orders slipped out, we can't honour yours. Sorry!`.

Instead they'd rather treat you like a chump and hope you go away.
              Last edited by Spatial; 10-12-2009, 12:40.

Comment

10 days this is a joke, never shopping at tesco again

Comment

I am absolutely livid. I got the same email sent, which did NOT addresss most of the points that I have raised with them daily since last Thursday. I have just send another email back. I realsie that Tesco clearly does not give a flying f**k, but I'm not settling for that half arsed apology.

I work in a family buisness, and if I had treated my customers like that, then I would be out the door.

Unacceptable.

Comment

Got the same e-mail. Bah. Looks like I'll be sitting L4D2 out until the inevitable GOTY edition.

Comment

Same here. However they neglected to give me my £2 voucher code back.

Prototype turned up from them today after a 3 wks wait. The disc was loose inside the case. If it had been marked in any way I'd have sent it back & emailed them another rant.

Comment

I got a proper reply to my email today, but it was just the contents of the cut and paste job rehashed. I'm honestly not bothered about the game now. What is really getting to me is the lack of customer service, and the unwillingness for Tesco to fess up that they made a mistake.

Comment

At least you guys got the cut and paste job! I've still had nothing.

Comment

Well finally got my refund yesterday, but I'm still awaiting a reply from my last e-mail. Doubt I'm getting a reply, and I doubt Tesco are getting anymore trade from me.

Comment

Working...
                            X