Spider-Man 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider-Man 4

Spiderman 3 was a horrible mess but hopefully things will be back on track for 4. Raimi had said he disliked the whole venom thing and there was a lot of plot baggage for 3.

Anyhow, the villains have been revealed (no point in spoilering, it'll be impossible to go into the film not knowing who is who): John Malkovich as the Vulture (good casting), Anne Hatheway will be playing Felicity Hardy who, I'm sure you know, will actually be the villain know as The Vultress (wait...What?!?).

No Lizard AGAIN. Having Felicity Hardy in it but not as the Black Cat is odd to say the least. Maybe Raimi doesn't want to draw parallels to Batman Returns, maybe she'll change to Black Cat halfway through.

Anne Hathaway? 1 ticket please.

Comment

After no 3...

... nah, you can count me out.

Comment

Correct me if Im wrong but none of this has been confirmed 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
          After no 3...

... nah, you can count me out.
          I've never seen a piece of comedy (I assume it was mean't to be funny) go so horrendously wrong.

I watched this the other day for the first time since I saw it in the cinema and it was no way near as bad as I thought that night. It's not a patch on 1+2 though

Comment

Spiderman 2 was pretty own though.

Comment

I remember being so so disappointed with the horrible third film. So much so, like spatial, it has completely and utterly tainted my taste for the franchise. Enjoyed the first, really liked the second, but now can't be arsed because of the third. Shame really.
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

think the 3rd film they could have just made it a venom centred film and more focus on the peter and symbiote thing (the so called emo thing did make me cringe)

Comment

They tried to put too many villians in, simple as that. A Sandman story could have been the entire film, same as the Venom one. I also hate it when Marvel goes 'dark.' It just doesn't suit it, unless the entire look and feel of the characters and locations change as well.

JM as the Vulture is an inspired move, though. He could be perfect, like Heath ledger's Joker.

Comment

I've still got a unopened DVD of Spiderman 3 on the shelf, but for some reason I've never wanted to watch it. Perhaps I've got some sub concious crap sensor?

Comment

For me I really enjoyed a lot of the individual scenes of Spider-man 3 but like others here I feel they tried to cram to much into one film and it didn't quite work. I have no complaints on how many bad guys were in the film but did we really need the origin stories for each of them. I felt they could have easily had Sandman as an established bad guy who had already gone a few rounds with Spider-man before the film began.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                        JM as the Vulture is an inspired move, though. He could be perfect, like Heath ledger's Joker.
                        he's just baulding gaunt and skinny, he just looks the part. I bet his acting ability isn't used one jot.

Comment

No Lizard man again . I was hoping for The Shocker or Mysterio also or even Rhino. Emo Parker in Spider-man 3 made me laugh. Come to think of it I want to see Carnage.

Comment

Doubtless they're saving Carnage for the Venom spin off film that's in the works.

Comment

I liked 3, but I suppose that's a measure of my fanboy level

However..

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                              Felicity Hardy
                              Mmkay..

villain
                              What?

The Vultress
                              WHAT!!?

Having Felicity Hardy in it but not as the Black Cat is odd to say the least.
                              Not really, seeing as Felicity is Felicia's MC2 daughter, aka the Scarlet Spider

EDIT: I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone about the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series currently showing (repeats) on Nicktoons (Sky 606) at 8pm every day. Spectacular in every sense, including the spidery one.
                              Last edited by D J Kix; 14-12-2009, 15:17. Reason: :)

Comment

Working...
                              X