No announcement yet.

Spider-Man 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still hard to top the 90s one (despite the horrible animation and the fact no one ever gets punched). If only the show hadn't been cancelled prematurely and they could've done the final storyline the way they wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      he's just baulding gaunt and skinny, he just looks the part. I bet his acting ability isn't used one jot.
      He could play the creepy, sleazy vulture so well if they used him correctly, though.

Comment

Apparently Sam Raimi has walked from the filming of Spiderman 4 due to what Sony was asking of him.

Spider-Man 4 has fallen apart. Sam Raimi has walked from the film. But what does this mean for Warcraft?

Director Raimi felt as though he could not realistically deliver the film he wanted to make by the studio's due date, causing the director to pull out of the comic book franchise, scrapping the film.

Comment

Bit of a shame, there was some great casting there.

However Raimi didn't want to do the Venom story and the studios made him. Look how that turned out. Perhaps this is for the best.

Dear whoever picks up the Spider-man reboot: We know the origin story, don't spend 45 minutes going over it again.

Comment

Isn't it a bit early for a reboot?

What was the gap between Batman and Robin and Batman Begins?

Transformers had nearly 20 years before its live action reboot. I just can't see how this is necessary.

Comment

First thoughts - Fail. Harry's back alive, and Peter & Mary-Jane's relationship is erased (Brand New Day!).

The pros, however, are immediately obvious. Kirsten Dunst is gone, and they now have the opportunity to do a Death of Gwen Stacy adaptation.

Sad that Raimi's gone though, I'm such a fanboy of his (and, this could mean Bruce Campbell will also be absent from the series) I know I keep going on about it, but I wonder if Spectacular Spider-Man had any part in this? (It really is/was that good!)

Comment

Also: Could the original webshooters make a return?

Comment

Originally posted by D J Kix View Post
                  Also: Could the original webshooters make a return?
                  Ha ha, I thought that too!

Maybe they could get ace ones like the 1977 movie!

Comment

I didn't realise Tobey Maquire went too

Comment

Im quite happy about this, the franchise looked to be struggling anyway. Didnt give Sandman or Venom their dues and were turning to a 3rd tier villin who no one cares about for the 4th film.

hopefully this will give the series the shot in the arm it needs ala Star Trek. I've heard very good things about the recent Spiderman cartoon series, some almost comparing it to Justice League unlimited FFS!

Comment

I can't imagine this will result in anything better. Part of the problem was time and meeting a delivery date. So now, they'll be rushing a film to completion from scratch. 3 was pants but was it Raimi or other influences that led to that? Raimi is gone but those other influences are now the ones rushing out a reboot movie.

Comment

This could be the chance to make a good Spidey movie instead of the trash that has been made so far. (ok maybe the first one was ok). I saw some of number 3 the other day and the cgi is terrible. Also it seems overly used. The venom/symbiote story had great potential. A total reboot is not necessary though - unless they give him back his proper webshooters!!

Comment

I am very happy about this, Marc Webb is a great choice

Comment

in the comics i always liked venom and felt in the film he wasent really given enough time and the fact i would have loved if we saw spiderman with the symbiote being a more anti hero (and not emo)

Comment

Working...
                              X