No announcement yet.

Anyone had a few drinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a shot of boru vodka from the freezer. Amazing stuff. Kicks all other vodkas I've tried into touch.

Comment

I'm useless if I have one beer or two I just want to carry on. I never did get people who just 'have a beer' or whatever though. If I do that I'm still awake at 5am listening to music, drinking and embarassing myself on forums. All to wake up the next day going bleghghh

Comment

went out on sat afternoon about 1, crawled in at 5 sun morning..

Ended up at some party drinking Desperados beer(Tequila in a beer)still feel like sh!t now,think it's got to do with age now..

Going out this Friday afternoon to my works meal/night out to start it all over again

Comment

I went out for a drink tonight for the first time in about a month. I must be the most boring 20 year old on earth. Lots of work is my only excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
            I'm useless if I have one beer or two I just want to carry on. I never did get people who just 'have a beer' or whatever though. If I do that I'm still awake at 5am listening to music, drinking and embarassing myself on forums. All to wake up the next day going bleghghh
            Exactly how this thread came about haha

Comment

I don't even know where to stop anymore I literally just carry on until its 6am and then I realise I should be in bed. I kinda wish I could just enjoy a couple of beers and I have excersised control to do so in the past, I just feel ... unsatisfied.

Sometimes I surprise myself the amount I can drink, but it never goes that way when you're out in the pub. If I'm at home though I can literally finish a 24 box of carlsberg export and then obviously be ****faced, but I'd still be looking for something else to drink.

Not boasting or anything about it because its hardly clever... just bleh. I sometimes I wish I could have had self control when it comes to the herb because then I wouldn't feel the need to have a drink on fridays at all really.

Plus when you are really drunk I can't seem to play any games that are in depth like Metal Gear Solid or something for example. A bit of retro or arcade stuff is fine but when people say 'Going to relax with a few beers and then play some *insert big complex game here*' it often puzzles me.

People that have a single beer in the afternoon also, I just couldn't do it. Well I *could*, but I'd feel a bit dizzy from the single one, I guess you'd get rid of the effects after a couple of hours, but I'd probably want another.

cough

Comment

Just had some wine left over from a a couple of week's ago. I also had a can of beer earlier when I came in from work and was chilling on the 360.

Comment

I don't even know where to stop anymore I literally just carry on until its 6am and then I realise I should be in bed. I kinda wish I could just enjoy a couple of beers and I have excersised control to do so in the past, I just feel ... unsatisfied.

Sometimes I surprise myself the amount I can drink, but it never goes that way when you're out in the pub. If I'm at home though I can literally finish a 24 box of carlsberg export and then obviously be ****faced, but I'd still be looking for something else to drink.

Not boasting or anything about it because its hardly clever... just bleh. I sometimes I wish I could have had self control when it comes to the herb because then I wouldn't feel the need to have a drink on fridays at all really.

Plus when you are really drunk I can't seem to play any games that are in depth like Metal Gear Solid or something for example. A bit of retro or arcade stuff is fine but when people say 'Going to relax with a few beers and then play some *insert big complex game here*' it often puzzles me.

People that have a single beer in the afternoon also, I just couldn't do it. Well I *could*, but I'd feel a bit dizzy from the single one, I guess you'd get rid of the effects after a couple of hours, but I'd probably want another.

cough
                  I know what you mean man, i can't just have a casual drink either, it's all or nothing!

I don't really play games at all when i've been drinking, can't really concentrate. Playing espgaluda the once through one squinted eye was enough for me

Comment

haha, I can handle playing fighters on the cab or whatever, a lot of beer and arcade gaming is awesome. Not saying I play very well of course.

Comment

I'm not a big boozer at all. Maybe one pint a week?

I remember bragging rights as a teenager was how many pints you could cane and be untouched. These days, it's great to feel the effects and have a nice buzz after just one!

Comment

Thats what I'm talking about. I wish I could be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
                          I know what you mean man, i can't just have a casual drink either, it's all or nothing!

Haha this sums up me totally

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                            ... I got through a box of 24 cans Saturday eve/Sun so think i should probably lay off for a few days.
                            Im so happy to read your posts because Im the same. Last week I bought a bottle of Johnny Walker whiskey to try and drank the full bottle from about 5pm to 4am in the morning with 5 beers in the process.

Woke up ok and went to the pub form some more...

Comment

Described me to a T mate, and like Geo-V6 says, it's quite refreshing to read because it makes me feel less naughty. Ha. We should get together for a few drinkies and some arcade gaming action!

I was going to not have a beer until next week, but here I am again chilling with a Export. I think i've deserved it today... and I'm so tired that I just want to relax now. It's just not the same with a cup of tea or glass of juice... And i know what you mean about all or nothing, I don't know how people can have one beer and then be content...

Still, I am very aware I do drink too much at the moment but then i think I eat healthy, I do a lot of exercise everyday - both CV and weight training - I don't smoke, don't do any form of drugs or anything like that so enjoying a good few beers isn't too bad is it? Is it?

Edit: Meh! *watches Howl's Moving Castle with beer*
                              Last edited by Adam Stone; 15-12-2009, 19:09.
                              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Does that mean you're going to have another after that one?

I don't touch a drop during weekdays either, I'm out of work at the moment but when I was employed I'd touch nothing on weekdays and then have a few on a friday. I don't know why but not only do I feel odd having just one beer , but also on a weekday too. I'd just have to get bladdered again.

Fair do's to people who can just have a couple though, my friend buys an 8 pack and has a couple a night. I buy an 8 pack and its gone in a night plus more probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X