Anyone had a few drinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    Discovered Verdant Brewing today. Seriously good beer, check it out guys.
    One of my biggest selling breweries in the shop. Definitely among the best in the UK.

Comment

I'll be through for some when restrictions allow it.

Comment

I picked up a 1ltr bier stein from Lidl. I now only drink beer when it's at a volume of precisely 1ltr. Seeing as I like to dip into posh/hipster beers like you lot this could turn out to be a lot of fun.

It came with a 1ltr can of some random pish but it's not that bad actually. I'm drinking it now. Far nicer than any of the usual mass-produced ****e. They're currently doing 500ml cans of their festival bier for 69c, so I'm stocking up the next time we go.
        Last edited by dataDave; 19-04-2021, 21:08.

Comment

Tucking into these now; you’ll not find these in your local Tesco

Image 2-A7-EC675-88-DD-43-C4-ACFB-D154-D8563923 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Where are they from?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              Where are they from?
              Brought back from Chile

Comment

Any experts on dark mild alternatives, just want to get a small Christmas gift for someone who normally drinks dark mild.

Comment

Christmas cocktail anyone?

INGREDIENTS:

* Akvavit x 1
                  * Bols Corenwyn x 1
                  * Calvados x 1
                  * Cognac x 1
                  * Disarono x 1
                  * Spiced rum x 1
                  * Whisky x 1
                  * Angostura bitters (a dash or more)

METHOD:
                  Mix in a shaker, shake well - no ice - then pour into two brandy glasses. Share with a friend. The flavour improves as the drink and conversation warms up.

Comment

Made a couple of White Russians tonight. I think they came out quite well.

Last edited by Yakumo; 12-02-2022, 00:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      Made a couple of White Russians tonight. I think the came out quite well.

Wow. Chasing it down the glass

Comment

Find I drink a lot less these days.

Mainly due to working-from-home. It's so much harder to get together with people down the pub when most other people need to actually come from their home it was easier when we were all together in the office.

Comment

Prefer a Black Russian, or an Irish Black Russian, but that White Russian looked great [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Prefer a Black Russian, or an Irish Black Russian, but that White Russian looked great [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]
                            Thanks. I do a black Russian now and then but the white is my favourite after a few beers.
                            Never heard of an Irish Black Russian though. Need to look in to that one.

Comment

It should really have a nice big round ice rock in it but I didn't have any made at the time so regular shaped ice was used. I did make a double filling the glass once but it tated like crap. Too much vodka I suspect.

Comment

Irish Black Russian is just a Black Russian in a tall glass, topped up with Guinness

Comment

Working...
                                X