No announcement yet.

The Best and Worst Movies of 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Film watched this year: Taken (yes it was out last year but i only saw it for the first time this year) One of the best films i have ever seen.

Best film 2009: Moon (very good), Law Abiding Citizen (peters out towards the end but still decent)

Worst: Drag me to Hell by a galactic mile, closely followed by Paranormal Activity. To say i was disappointed by both of these simply cannot be put into words. I cried when i realised that i had lost 3hrs of my life to these two piles of crap. The critics wanted shooting for their reviews

Comment

Best films

Frost/Nixon
      District 9
      Fantastic Mr Fox
      Adventureland
      Let the Right one in

Worst films

Tranformers 2

Comment

my personal best films of the year in No particular order

In the Loop
        Up in the Air
        The Hurt Locker
        Moon
        District 9
        Watchmen
        Up
        Inglourious Basterds
        Let the Right one in
        Gran Torino
        The Wrestler
        Changeling
        Frost/Nixon
        Gomorrah

and Honorable mentions to:
        The Reader
        Slumdog Millionaire
        The Damned United
        Che Part 1&2
        Star Trek
        Drag me to Hell
        Antichrist
        The Hangover
        Public Enemies
        Taken

Worst films
        4, Wolverine
        3, Dragonball
        2, G.I.Joe
        1, Transformers 2

Comment

I bought a cineworld unlimited card earlier in the year and since then I've used it 57 times (some films I've watched more than once but others I saw at other cinemas). Due to weather and sold out performances I have yet to see Avatar, or the Box. These lists do not count new films I've watched outside the cinema like Let the Right one in which probably would have been at no 5. on my top 10 list.

Here's my top ten list

1. Watchmen
          2. Inglorious Basterds
          3. District 9
          4. State of Play
          5. Star Trek
          6. Coroline 3D
          7. The Imaginarium of Doctor Panassus.
          8. Slumdog Millionaire
          9. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
          10. Up 3D

and just missing the top ten: Zombieland, The Hangover, Drag Me To Hell, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (partial 3D) and Fantastic Mr. Fox

And now the other end of the list.

10. Couples Retreat
          9. Last House on the Left
          8. Jennifers Body
          7. Tormented
          6. Fighting
          5. The Firm
          4. Bronson
          3. Punisher: Warzone
          2. Crank 2
          1. 12 Rounds

(transformers 2 came in at no. 44 out of 58, Terminator Salvation at 46. and Wolverine at 47. I didn't watch G.I. Joe)

Comment

Whaaaaat? You didn't like Bronson? I thought it was extremely powerful and Tom Hardy deserves massive awards for his role.

Pretty impressive putting every single film into order though!

Comment

Punisher: Warzone... Crank 2...

What in the hell is you speaking????

Comment

Bronson. Not sure if my opinions of this film was skewed by the fact he's from my home town of Luton and I've already heard and read plenty about him before this film was made and I don't disagree that Tom Hardy was perfect playing him. But after twenty minutes I grew bored of the film and it's style and was just waiting for it to end.

Crank 2. I liked the first one and am a fan of the Transporter films as well (even the third film I found watchable) but like Bronson, the films directional style outlived its welcome and felt the film was at least half an hour to long (and yes, I'm aware it's a short film)

Punisher: Warzone. My biggest complaint is that film makers were unable to portray any of the magic Garth Ennis gave the characters on the page and settled with the mindless violence without the humour or flare Ennis seems to deliver so brilliantly in the comic books. I have to say though, they did a much better job with this one than the first film.

Comment

Che 1&2
                  JCVD
                  Vicky Cristina Barcelona
                  Gran Torino
                  The International
                  Knowing (agree with cutmymilk, got panned but I thought it was great)
                  Fantastic Mr Fox
                  Let The Right One In

Those are the ones that I can remember seeing anyway, it's tough to remember what happened in what year! There are still a load of films that came out this year that I want to see but haven't yet, I'll probably just wait for the Blu Ray releases.

Comment

Bah, can't believe I forgot The Wrestler and Bronson. Must've been their low-key nature, damn them!

I'll add both to my 'films of the year' list, which constitutes about four/five films now.

Comment

Working...
                    X