• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a damn good tune! Well done

Comment

Thanks dude. Always nice to hear

Comment

No worries. I was wondering, what programs do you use to compose your work?
        It's always been something I have wanted to try and never got round to it.

Comment

If you're looking at learning you can't go far wrong with Ableton, it's got a fantastic UI with really logical layout and even has a section that shows tooltips for everything you highlight your mouse on. It's not too pricy either though I recommend the boxed copy because the hard copy manual really is invaluable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
            No worries. I was wondering, what programs do you use to compose your work?
            It's always been something I have wanted to try and never got round to it.
            Personally I've been using FL Studio for 10 years now. Not too expensive, easy to use, providing you do some baby-step tutorials (YouTube is the place). It also recently got voted best music production program via a poll on MusicRadar (ComputerMusic / Future Music magazine).

Best to try a few demos (and a simple YouTube tutorial on each) and see which feels right to you.

Comment

Nice one, I will check FL Studio out later. Had a look at some youtube vids of Ableton earlier (some guy making The Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" tune from scratch which looked damn impressive) and I reckon I can get my head around something like that. At college we used Avid editing suites and there is a bit of similarity in the basics even if that was for video, plus we did a bit of sound editing too but no idea what program that was.

Comment

Whichever route you go a subscription to Computer Music is a very good investment, lots of great tutorials in the magazine and on the disc.

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                  Whichever route you go a subscription to Computer Music is a very good investment, lots of great tutorials in the magazine and on the disc.
                  Yeah defo. I think there's a free sequencer program and loads of plugin instruments/effects to get you started on their cover disc.

Comment

19 'Minute Melodies' all segued together into a single, attention span testing mix!

A collection of 19 'minute melodies' I made a couple of years back. A bit silly, and probably an acquired taste. But hey, I'm quite proud of how the tracks segue and it was a production high-point for me.

Just got a nice new keyboard so I should have some new stuff up there soon enough!

Comment

Comment

Just had one of them mad few hours where you start to make some music and don't stop. Only to find that what you made sounds nuts when you listen a day later

Welcome to my Arcade

Comment

Did I spot some metroid in there Hoolak?

New track from me, first ever produced on a PC program.

Ambient trance by nakamura Written and produced by Martin Hinson Additional production from Sacred Virgo and Maiko Hinson
                          Last edited by nakamura; 05-04-2012, 09:39.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Did I spot some metroid in there Hoolak?

New track from me, first ever produced on a PC program.

http://soundcloud.com/nakamura-1/dreaming-of-the-future
                            Yeah, I played it by accident and thought..."fudge it! I'm putting that in!".

Epic piece there Martin. Lovely pad work. Whole thing sounds very well produced.

I would love to make a Wipeout themed track...

Comment

Thanks pal. It is my first piece using FL studio, has to learn to it as I went along to get it submitted for the Wipeout soundtrack we made. All my others were done on PS2!!

Had a little listen to Shibuya again, what a track!

Comment

Hey thanks. PS2 eh? MUSIC? I made a whole "album" on Music 2000 on PS1. Still got the memory cards with it all on

Comment

Working...
                                X