Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep! It was so easy to use and I made some pretty good stuff really. I stopped about 12-18 months ago because I was just finding it too limited in terms of instruments etc. Kept delaying trying something new, it was FL or Ableton and FL seemed a bit easier in the end.

Comment

FL is closer to MUSIC's way. Well, it used to be. It's an amazing program. I stopped using MUSIC in 2001 and went to FL. Never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
        Just had one of them mad few hours where you start to make some music and don't stop. Only to find that what you made sounds nuts when you listen a day later

Welcome to my Arcade
        I like it! Gary Numan -> something I don't recognise -> metroid -> LFO

Nakamura's track is aceness!

Comment

Thanks FSW, glad you like. Track is now unlocked for download!

Comment

A couple of more strange works by me. A spacey one and a synthy one.

Comment

My Welcome to my Arcade track posted a few posts up has been torn up and remade into how I intended. That is, with vocals. It's currently in a very early stage, but I think I'm getting there (well the best I can) with the vocal parts.

I still need to write more lyrics, but you can sing along with what I've written so far...

Welcome to my Arcade

Welcome to my arcade
              It is obviously amazing
              Vic confronts the mothership
              So he flips 3-way to lasers.
              Huddled 'round a candy cab
              A beast won't budge for ages
              They stand in line to knock him off
              That perch he's dominating.

Comment

An unedited slice of piano playing that I then recorded some live drums to. With some sporadic synth noodling and samples to bolster the most vigorous moments. It gets a little messy in places.

Quite chuffed with my latest - A vaguely jazzy instrumental...I stopped myself before I made it too busy sounding...I think.

It's a single slab of unedited rhodes piano playing, which I recorded some live drumming to, and then added some synth, bass and pitch appropriated string samples during the more forceful moments. For added punch.

Any feedback most welcome!

Comment

That's excellent, Crocky. Proper old school Air type stuff. Loving the instrumentation. The strings that pop in are quirky but work. Great work all round.

Favourited, followed and commented on. Check me out too if you can

Comment

Aww thanks man. Really nice feedback, and I applaud that you went through my 19-minute medley as well!

Have followed you and will give your tracks a proper listen this eve...Really enjoying 'Strider Forever' so far, lots of nice shifts and gamey bleepage to keep things engaging. Love the chiptune undercurrent too. Would suit a XBLA/PSN title byoodifully.

Comment

Some new tracks. Feel free to leave some lovely words in my SoundCloud players

Kanda-08

Yamanote Rock

Comment

New track!

Comment

Anyone know any good source for samples of waves, the sea and birds you'd find at sea? Having trouble finding anything decent.

Comment

Just pre-ordered the synth version of the new Korg Electribe that is soon to be unleashed > http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/electribe/

Looks like a great but of kit. I used to have a ER-1 drum machine and the previous version of the above, the EMX-1. Loved them. This new one has the kaossilator/kaoss mini style phrase and fx X/Y input. Looks fun and cheaper than the last one too.

Comment

finally got some better software then i was using though it took a lot of effort just to get the thing working and plugins but here is my first early try

Comment

I like that eastyy. Raw.

I've been messing about with YM2151 chip emulators trying to get that FM Mega Drive sound. Did this short noise. I wanted to try and make something that sounded like it was from a shoot'em up or something.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

Working...
                                X