GodisaGeek & GLHF present Double KO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GodisaGeek & GLHF present Double KO!

Hey folks. The website I help run (GodisaGeek.com) in collaboration with our "sister site" GLHF.com are going to be hosting an event (consisting of a LAN party and two tournaments) soon and it would be great some NTSC-UK members could come down. All the details are listed below. Thanks.

Double KO! - Tekken 6 and Street Fighter IV tournaments

Opening hours: Both tournaments will start at different times. Registration for the Tekken 6 tournament on Friday will start at 6pm and begin when the draw is made. Registration for the Street Fighter IV tournament on Saturday will start at 1pm and begin when the draw is made.

Date: Friday 19th February - Tekken 6 and Saturday 20th February - Saturday

Location: KT Summit House, 100 Hanger Lane, W5 1EZ London. For those of you needing directions a map can be found here (http://www.eventbrite.com/googlemap?eid=524309223).

EQUIPMENT

Both the Tekken 6 and Street Fighter IV tournaments will be played on the Xbox 360 console via two 50 inch LCD TV’s. All participants are expected to bring their own arcade stick or pad. Matches from both tournaments will be filmed via a film crew.

RULES

• No alcohol, smoking and non-prescribed drug usage is allowed on the premises
    • Respect your fellow gamers and hosts. We expect good sportsmanship from everyone.
    • No littering, please clean up after yourself.
    • You are responsible for your own equipment. If you lend your stick or any other equipment to a fellow gamer and it gets damaged you are responsible.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT

• Both tournaments will have a maximum of 32 players.
    • Tournaments will follow 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games, 99 second rounds, double elimination regulations.
    • Participants will be free to change characters.
    • If you are not present when called for your match you will be disqualified.

PRIZES

1st place – Xbox 360 Elite
    2nd place – Games package
    Semi-Finalist – Zavvi.com goodie bag

ENTRY PRICES

• £10 to participate in one tournaments of your choice.
    • £15 will allow the gaming elite to take part in both tournaments.

Both tickets also get you access to the LAN party that is taking place. The £10 ticket gives you one day access and the £15 tickets gives you access for the whole weekend. For further information and to purchase tickets visit GLHF.com. If there is adequate room tickets will also be available to purchase at the door.

OTHER INFORMATION

This event is sponsored by Zavvi.com and the Double KO! tournaments are endorsed by Capcom UK (especially the Street Fighter IV one) themselves. Leo Tan (Capcom UK PR Manager) had this to say about the event:

"We're always pleased when fans get together to form their own tournaments. It's indicative of a healthy competitive scene, which is vital to the long term survival of fighting games in general and Street Fighter specifically. And this one has a pretty decent prize! On behalf of Capcom I'd like to thank GodisaGeek for putting this on, and I hope the scene turns out in force."

If you happen to have any more questions please contact the GodisaGeek team at [email protected] or [email protected]

This post was made after getting permission from site admin
    Last edited by ezee ryder; 21-01-2010, 20:08.

Bloody hell mate, that's walking distance from my place. I am a definite for the SF, might even try and learn some basic Tekken skills so I can give that a go for a giggle at that price.

See you there!

Comment

I had a feeling you would be up for it mate. See you there indeed!

Comment

We expect to see the rest of the guys from the NTSC SF tournaments make an appearance too.

*Looks at Psyduck, Stakers and the rest of the gang*

You know you want too~!
        Last edited by Skepz; 15-01-2010, 21:39.

Comment

Much as I want to help you promote this, I also wouldn't mind a new 360, so if Psyduck / Stakers / waterisgood4u / Street Turk want to take a rain check on this I won't hold it against them

Comment

Let the games begin!

Comment

I'd love to come but I'm a fair way from london so don't think I will be...will have a think though.

Comment

Ah ok, would be great if you could come down though! You are the NTSC-UK champ after all!

Comment

This sounds like it could be a laugh and a good opportunity to meet up with some of the forum peeps. I can't say definitely yet because I'm a shift worker and will need to see if I can get the time I'm off when I'm next in.
                  Do we get a go on SSFIV as well?..

Comment

I will be there....

Although I am totally out of practice.

Sounds like a good crack-and always nice to put faces to names.

Comment

I'll have to see, although probably unlikely.. I'm also horribly out of practice thanks to MW2.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakers View Post
                        This sounds like it could be a laugh and a good opportunity to meet up with some of the forum peeps. I can't say definitely yet because I'm a shift worker and will need to see if I can get the time I'm off when I'm next in.
                        Do we get a go on SSFIV as well?..
                        No, SSFIV. Sorry! We didn't manage to get demo code. Come down though mate, you can beat Skepz in person!

Originally posted by Street Turk View Post
                        I will be there....

Although I am totally out of practice.

Sounds like a good crack-and always nice to put faces to names.
                        Brilliant, look forward to seeing you there mate.

Comment

Just a heads up folks, to guarantee yourself a spot in either tournament buy your tickets online. We seem to be filling up fast.

Also would like to add that the kind people at Capcom UK have provided us with an extra mystery prize for the winner of the Street Fighter IV tournament. All I will say is that if you are a Street Fighter fan then you will love it!
                          Last edited by ezee ryder; 19-01-2010, 17:29.

Comment

It's not Leo is it?

Comment

The mystery prize isn't Leo himself, no!

He did have a huge hand in providing us with the mystery prize though.

Comment

Working...
                              X