No announcement yet.

Words with Friends - Super Relaxed Tournament Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think hoolak and ttk are the only people I've played who realise it's not a good idea to play a word that leaves the TW square open! No matter how good your word is (more or less).
    It's also not a good idea to add "s" onto the end of something just to score one or two more points. Save it and use it on the end of another word so you can score for two at once.
    And finally if you've got bad letters and can't do much, then try to keep the board closed up so your opponent can't score either.
    Most people I've played just seem to lay out whatever they can wherever they can...might help next time!

Comment

I sometimes try to keep away from setting up the TW squares for my opponent, but then I get frustrated & just plump down a large word to open the board up. And then lose the game by 200 points...

Comment

It's not a game for the impatient

Psyduck, you're having a pretty shocking game against me, have you had really bad letters? You're about 100pts lower than I would expect you to be right now!
        Last edited by toythatkills; 04-02-2010, 16:41.

Comment

not great - had 1 S, no blanks, a Q from the start and not a single U (or blank). I think you've had the X, Z and J too. Still, you've come up with some good stuff so can't complain, I'll just have to get used to the fact that I'll beat you in friendlies and you'll pull out the good stuff in tourneys!

Comment

Just gotta know when to turn it on

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
              It's not a game for the impatient

Comment

Beat Psyduck 358-318, a low scoring game all round, a bit weird!

Comment

I beat theglider 398 - 229

Comment

A whitewash.

Comment

Psyduck 392 Gradius 293
                      Gradius 312 The Glider 291

i don't have any games on the go anymore so feel free to throw me an invite.

Comment

Good game mate. Invite sent.

Comment

Did anyone manage to get hoolak to play? If not then I think we can just discount him and say this thing's done?

Comment

Originally posted by Psyduck View Post
                            It's also not a good idea to add "s" onto the end of something just to score one or two more points. Save it and use it on the end of another word so you can score for two at once.
                            Unless that "S" is going to be placed on a "TW" space...

Comment

Originally posted by Psyduck View Post
                              Did anyone manage to get hoolak to play? If not then I think we can just discount him and say this thing's done?
                              Not started a game with me, no

Comment

Unless that "S" is going to be placed on a "TW" space...
                                If it's going on a TW space then it's not just scoring one or two more points!

Comment

Working...
                                X