Clear All

Comment

That ride needs a snappier title.

Comment

Yeah, it was a ballache to Google.

Comment

Comment

New Toho "Godzilla" Set For Nov 2023 - Dark Horizons
            Toho have announced that a new Godzilla movie from them will be released in cinemas on 23 November 2023, seven years since the last film.

Comment

I'm always up for more Godzilla.

Comment

I really loved Shin Godzilla. Totally different take on the story like it was Inept Government Vs. Natural Disaster.

Interesting to see where they take this new one as the Godzilla name is still a licence to print money, so could see them planning a series.

Comment

Oh yeah, "Troll" is coming to netflix.
                  Yeah, it's not Japanese, but deffo fits in the "giant monster mashing stuff up" category!

Comment

Oooh, the latest Kamen Rider series is on Amazon Prime!

Comment

Just watched Shin Ultraman. It’s really good. Exactly what an update of the 60s original should be. I don’t want to get into spoiler territory so will refrain from commenting much about it. Instant buy when / if the UHD gets released. After this I’m excited to see Shin Kamen Rider now and that’s a series I have only seen a handful of episodes of.

Comment

Trying to keep this spoiler free.
                        If you have seen the classic Ultraman TV series you will recognise a lot of the story and possibly even some scenes that directly pay homage to the original. I suppose it’s a bit like the condensed Evangelion TV series movie in that respect. Obviously with the advances in SFX they’ve been able to go where the original TV crew probably wanted to in their imagination.
                        Thematically it’s pretty much the same as that original series about his humanity copes with realizing that we’re not alone in the universe and we’re utterly insignificant in some respects especially with regards to technology. Also has nods to how the modern world would treat what appears to be a God.
                        Overall it’s not quite as good as Shin Godzilla but feels somewhat tighter in its runtime and is a great place to start a new take on the franchise.

Comment

Where can it be seen?

Comment

There’s a 1080p Japanese audio version on a popular archive site. Subtitles are freely available online too. Although I had to add a roughly 6 second delay to the subs. I don’t like the lack of availability on disc or legitimate steaming services but that seems to be where things are at the moment.

Comment

TV News: Idol, Godzilla, Beavis, From, Jury, Big - Dark Horizons
                              For the first time all 256 mini-episodes of the short form 1997 series Godzilla Island are going to be released outside of Japan. The episodes will be subtitled and released for free, one new episode launching every Tuesday and Thursday on the Godzilla Youtube channel

Comment

New Gamera series is coming to Netflix.

Comment

Working...
                                X