Godzilla, kaiju and tokusatsu movies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

There’s some great Gamera films. The 90s trilogy is superb.

Comment

Comment

Bandai Premium is releasing the Kaiju Extra Land Jet Jaguar Punch Punch Punch Set. This set includes two figures, standing pose and flying pose, two sets of extra arms, and effects part. Standing...

Bandai Premium Kaiju Extra Land Jet Jaguar Punch Punch Punch Set

"Bandai Premium is releasing the Kaiju Extra Land Jet Jaguar Punch Punch Punch Set. This set includes two figures, standing pose and flying pose, two sets of extra arms, and effects part. Standing pose is 20cm, tall flying pose 21cm in length, it retails for 19,800 yen. It can be pre=ordered now from Bandai with release scheduled for Dec 2020."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ah, I retweeted a funny tweet that used a portion of that short film. It's a very cool looking short.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Ah, I retweeted a funny tweet that used a portion of that short film. It's a very cool looking short.
                    Yeah, that's where I got it from.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        did anyone pick this up?

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain View Post
                          did anyone pick this up?
                          Yes, I managed to grab one ... I think [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION] has it too. Truly amazing set. Working my way through it watching one film a week. I posted a few pics of the set in the blu-ray purchases thread.

Comment

This fan made a completely computer-generated sci-fi film based on the Japanese series Juspion and it's maybe the best CGI we've ever seen.

Comment

Not strictly kaiju, but it belongs here, I reckon.

Ray Harryhausen was one of the classic Hollywood filmmakers, a pioneering figure whose work made it seem as if actors were fighting with skeletons or

"Ray Harryhausen was one of the classic Hollywood filmmakers, a pioneering figure whose work made it seem as if actors were fighting with skeletons or being devoured by giant dinosaurs.

And now, the National Galleries of Scotland and Mr Harryhausen’s daughter, Vanessa, have revealed glimpses of several recently-restored models created by the legendary filmmaker who transformed the face of modern cinema.

They have also unveiled new dates for the biggest-ever exhibition of the innovative American’s work which will go on show in Edinburgh later this year.

The stop-motion auteur assembled a remarkable archive after designing and building a diverse range of iconic models for such films as Jason and the Argonauts in 1963 and from his Sinbad series of the 1950s and 70s, the Minaton from Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger in 1977 and Medusa from Clash of the Titans in 1981.

These ground-breaking pieces of cinematic history will go on display from October 24 at the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art in Ray Harryhausen: Titan of Cinema, the widest-ranging exhibition of Harryhausen’s work ever seen."

Comment

Cheers for the heads up QC, I’ll be going to see that.

Comment

Working...
                                X