Any Steam users here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Steam users here?

Sorry if there's already a thread going. I just got into it properly this weekend after sorting my PC out finally (I've only had it two years) and I'm having a right bash on Team Fortress 2 and Counterstrike: Source.

Anyone use it often for gaming? I'm finding it like an Xbox Live Lite for PC.

My username is dataDave if you want to add me to friends.

I use Steam all the time, though it's been quite a while since I've had the time to play online too much. I do intend to find time though. I'd be mainly playing Counter-Strike: Source or Goldeneye, though I do have Team Fortress 2. Username is shakey_jake33.

Best thing about Steam is the weekend and midweek offers, though the offers over the last couple of weeks have been a bit crap.
    Last edited by sj33; 24-01-2010, 23:01.

Comment

steam is da best.

steamid is chinner. juist look for the picture of a duick and thats me.

Comment

There is an NTSC-uk group.

Group for members of www.ntsc-uk.com ntsc-uk - Site for reviews, imports and a friendly community

Comment

Awesome! I'm going to try getting into my PC FPSs again this year, it's been far too long (Q3A).

I'm really enjoying Half-Life 2, eventhough I thought the first game was way overrated. The controls aren't what I usually like (floating camera feel), I just love the setting and the pace. There has only been one crap part yet, the bit where you run through that crazy priests town, a bit too platformy for me.
          Last edited by dataDave; 25-01-2010, 08:54.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            There has only been one crap part yet, the bit where you run through that crazy priests town, a bit too platformy for me.
            I really liked the change of pace, it had a real horror vibe to it and it's a good place to burn a lot of zombies.

I'm part of the NTSC-uk steam group, so if you join it then you can always keep an eye out for anyone playing some steam games.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Awesome! I'm going to try getting into my PC FPSs again this year, it's been far too long (Q3A).
              Probably worth checking out QuakeLive then. It's free too.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                I really liked the change of pace, it had a real horror vibe to it and it's a good place to burn a lot of zombies.

I'm part of the NTSC-uk steam group, so if you join it then you can always keep an eye out for anyone playing some steam games.
                Exactly, it felt very 'Left4Dead' to me, probably why I didn't like it that much.

I might actually try Left4Dead again and the sequel, I didn't like the 360 version because it felt too much like a PC port. I could be doing with some friendly co-op action as a variant to getting blown up every 12 seconds on TF2.

I'm also part of the group now. Would be nice having a play and a chat with some of you.

Comment

Not really sure where to post this, this seems as good a place as any. Goldeneye Source Beta 4 is finally available.

Comment

Working...
                  X