No announcement yet.

-----

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to buy my MD imports from a place called I.C.E. in Doncaster, that shop was amazing back in the day, shelves full of MD, SFC and NeoGeo imports, even had a few of those Sharp TV's with the SFC built in.

Great memories of that place, was the first time I got to try a Japanese Mega CD and Saturn, remember being disapointed when I saw the Saturn in the flesh for the first time as all the magazines had it as a champagne gold colour and it turned out to be a dull grey, was fantastic getting to play Virtua Fighter ages before PAL release though. Great days, modern gaming shops just don't compare.

Comment

Back in the day pretty much ALL my games and consoles were Japanese, and buying a new game was ALWAYS expensive. I remember using a few mail order companies from Project K, Dream Machines, Cybernet in Putney Bridge, Skill and Raven games.

I used a couple of indie stores around my way, but I won't mention names as I still have a burning hatred for them and their prices.

I remember getting ripped off by Dream Machines, as I brought some anime from them which never turned up and when i contacted them they ensured me it was still in the post and delayed, a month later the shop didnt exist no more and was 'apparently' a clothes shop. Lost my £25 of hard earned cash, bastards!

My last couple of purchases before going the online route was from Cybernet, who I brought Biohazard: Code Veronica from on the DC for £58 IIRC....... ouch! I used my student loan to pay fro that!

Twas an expensive hobby! Still is actually.......

Comment

I grew up in Nottingham, there used to be loads of indie games shops there. Most of them had gone by the time I left there to go to uni though, was a shame.

The Microbyte in Nottingham had a club you could join, and they'd give members all the various promo posters they were sent from Ocean. I think I had one entire wall of my bedroom covered with them at one point.

Early days I used to get a lot of my C64 stuff from a place called Intoto. It used to be just up the road from the Laserquest and the utterly pants (in retrospec) Legendquest VR place.

Most of my MD and MegaCD stuff came from Software Plus, which was down a little side alley near the Bell Inn off the Square. Across from a chippy that had Devastators on 10p play.

I do remember the whoe Futurezone -> Virgin Game Centre -> Electronics Boutique -> GAME thing going on in Nottingham as well. Fun times.

Comment

I grew up in Nottingham, there used to be loads of indie games shops there. Most of them had gone by the time I left there to go to uni though, was a shame.

The Microbyte in Nottingham had a club you could join, and they'd give members all the various promo posters they were sent from Ocean. I think I had one entire wall of my bedroom covered with them at one point.

Early days I used to get a lot of my C64 stuff from a place called Intoto. It used to be just up the road from the Laserquest and the utterly pants (in retrospec) Legendquest VR place.

Most of my MD and MegaCD stuff came from Software Plus, which was down a little side alley near the Bell Inn off the Square. Across from a chippy that had Devastators on 10p play.

I do remember the whoe Futurezone -> Virgin Game Centre -> Electronics Boutique -> GAME thing going on in Nottingham as well. Fun times.
          Them were the days !

Not forgetting the good old Another World, when ahem that C.Diamond chap used to run the import side of things, he was a top chap ( before the saga ), I remember walking in one sunny afternoon and on the shelf was a complete shelve of RadiantSilverGuns for 40 a pop, soooo many imported saturn,psx, n64, snes games. I drooled over the Panny Q's in the display cases many a time lol, if there was a game you wanted, that Diamond fella would get it for you. Happy times

Comment

Working...
          X