Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is pretty awesome.

Comment

How do Bioshock 1 and 2 hold up these days? I never played any of them.

Comment

After a replay last year I still enjoy them though they do feel a little simple by today's standards. Still worth an experience though

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          They're not holding up well on the One X at the moment.

Comment

An enhanced patch for the pro and x was released a few days ago. Big resolution bump and looking stunning (for all 3 games in the Bioshock collection)

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Played both again last year and enjoyed them more than the first time round. Then played the third one (which I’d originally thought the best) and couldn’t be bothered to finish it after getting 3/4 of the way through.

Comment

I think the environments and narrative were wonderfully imaginative and maybe still are, but the gameplay was clunky even when the games were new. It was all the rifling in bins for chocolates and crisps that got me, though, and the incessant sound of munch-munch-munching.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                  It was all the rifling in bins for chocolates and crisps that got me, though, and the incessant sound of munch-munch-munching.
                  This makes me want to replay them even more now

Do the console versions run at 60fps now?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                    This makes me want to replay them even more now

Do the console versions run at 60fps now?
                    The PS4 versions certainly don't feel like it. The ports aren't great. You can shoot the textures off the walls in some places of the first game now.

Comment

The new patch seems to get them pretty much to 60fps with some occasional dips. There is a resolution boost too. I like them, but I don’t think the gameplay has aged to well.

Comment

Okay, not specifically a Bioshock 2 comment but I just got the collection for Switch and have restarted the first one. So far, I've only had the chance to play handheld but I figured some might be curious about how it is on Switch. Generally, pretty good. It felt to me like a couple of the early sections were dropping in resolution and the other Switch issue is that some early sections are incredibly busy visually and so I don't feel they are all that suited to the handheld small screen. That seemed to get better when moving into the second area but I think that's because it's probably just a slightly simpler layout - the first level aims to dazzle visually.

I need to test it out on the big screen to really get a sense of how it holds up against other versions I've played (PC and PS3). But one thing is that, in spite of not having gyro controls, it seems to play really well on Switch. Feels very natural.

Comment

Also bought it off the US eshop. Really good remaster for the Switch. I’m also playing it on the one x with the workaround. The X has some bad stuttering on BioShock 1 and 2. If you play offline there’s no issue. Looks wicked on my Oled. Think Digital Foundry clocked it at 1440p.

Comment

Working...
                          X