No announcement yet.

How's your backlog, buddy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess its not a case of playing the game to some peeps, its a case of owning it, or getting it at a cheap price that makes it all worth it. Its kind of like a drug, an addiction if you will......... shopaholic? Kind of like peeps who gamble, its the thrill of it all that matters, even if those peeps dont even realise it.

We should do what they do in Japan......... just get rid of stuff every year....... They do this with there electronics etc........ Infact they do it to some of their buildings too.......

Of course when you get into your hording side of things that when it all goes nipples up! as you realise how big the addiction is

Comment

I really feel like getting rid of everything apart from the games I play regularly and some of the rarer stuff.

But, it'll take forever. D:

And consoles are another story, sheesh...

Comment

Playing
        Bioshock 2
        Bayonetta
        Lego Batman
        Gears of War (still too many multiplayer cheevos left)
        Borderlands (as long as the DLC keeps coming)

Unopened
        New Super Mario Bros Wii
        RE: Darkside Chronicles
        Zelda Spirit Tracks
        Mario & Luigi RPG
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_976 View Post
          *snip*
          Wow, I don't like the idea of buying movies/games when I still have one to finish, the only reason I end up doing so is if I see a really good deal. I purchased Bayonetta for ?17.50 because that was a good price.

Comment

I think this might be my most productive gaming start to a year ever! I've finished Darksiders, BioShock 2, Mass Effect 2, Ratchet & Clank Future and many others!

The only game I've started and not finished is Army of Two 2 which is purely because we're playing it co-op start to finish! Bayonetta I played for a few hours but it just didn't do enough for me, so that's benched for now, doubt I'll come back to it either.

I've actually got nothing in progress as such then, just waiting for Heavy Rain now!

Played some Aliens vs Predator round a mates and thought the marine campaign was generic, the alien one ok and didn't have a chance to try the predator one. Debating whether or not to buy it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruce View Post
              Wow, I don't like the idea of buying movies/games when I still have one to finish, the only reason I end up doing so is if I see a really good deal. I purchased Bayonetta for ?17.50 because that was a good price.
              Yeah, all of those games are like a tenner now - or less.

Comment

On just my Steam list I have...

Semi-Active
                The Last Remnant
                Mass Effect (second playthrough)
                Fallout 3

Inactive or not started

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
                Stalker: Clear Sky
                Psychonauts
                Mass Effect 2
                GTA4
                Dead Space
                Tomb Raider Underworld
                Mirror's Edge
                Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
                Zeno Clash

In my defense, this is mainly because of university. But still, I've no idea when I'll get round to Mass Effect 2 =/ I'm enjoying playing The Last Remnant more than replaying the original Mass Effect tbh!

EDIT - Finished Mass Effect replay today...
                Last edited by sj33; 19-02-2010, 01:09.

Comment

I've been fairly good for these past few years, and I complete pretty much everything and then move onto the next game.

After completing and adoring Mass Effect 2, I went on a bit of a Mass Effect binge, I've brought the original and I'm 11 hours into it and could finish it off this weekend. I also brought Bayonetta and have about 4 hours game time, currently protecting someone special it seems!

Aside from those, my game shelf is completely clear of uncompleted games. Off the top of my head I have Castlevania, Ikaruga, Worms 2 and Pac Man Championship Edition on my Live Arcade games I've yet not seen the end of. Finally the only game sitting in my entire collection that I would like to finally complete is Okami. It's got over 40 hours playtime and I went from adoring it, to being fairly indifferent towards the game when I came back from the Underwater World on the Island. I'm only a few hours away from the end according to when I last checked, so maybe this year I'll put that one to bed.

Comment

Playing...

Saw
                    Uncharted 2
                    Bayonetta
                    Fifa '10
                    Madden '10
                    God of War Collection
                    Blazblue

Still sealed...

Mushi Futari
                    Death Smiles LE
                    HOTD: Overkill

Opened but Still to Finish...

Resident Evil - Cube
                    Res Evil Zero
                    Res Evil: CV - Cube
                    Mario Galaxy
                    Super Paper Mario
                    Eternal Darkness
                    Zelda: Twilight Princess
                    Silent Hill 3
                    Project Zero
                    Red Dead Revolver
                    The Warriors
                    Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
                    Silent Hill: Origins

Thats everything off the top of my head but I think there's a feck load more that I've just forgotten about but thats still far too many really.

Never enough time is there??

Neil

Comment

Backlog is more than 100. I haven't bought much recently.

Comment

Backlog is incredible (too many to mention). I can only speak in terms of recent gaming, tbh. Haven't even cracked open the Wii, yet, it's in a bag, on a couch.

Currently playing:

Fable: The Lost Chapters (XBox1, bought in 2006)
                        Dead Space (360, got to stage 4, then got Arkham, decided to finish that, Arkham ain't as good, damn)
                        Conan (360, scratched disc won't let me fight the final bastard)
                        Professor Layton and The Curious...(done about eighteen puzzles, 4 months ago, it'll be a case of having to restart it)
                        Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia (DS, got to the end parts on nights about six weeks ago, haven't touched it since)
                        Dead Rising (360, don't know what I'm doing, just some guy is running about taking pics of zombies, I've got a Megaman helmet on, wtf, wtf what the faaahk???)

I'm strictly on a "one game at a time" rule right now, I'll be concentrating on Fable totally, though will allow myself to drift occasionally to Crackdown, Just Cause, Saints Row 2 or Sega Megadrive Ult Collection.

Comment

I play half a game, get new game intending to go back to old game, never go back but keep it til its worth pennies to trade in, finally give up hope of playing again and trade em in. Like tomorrows FarCry 2, Fallout 3 and DJ Hero trade ins hehe.

In the group of games not quite given up on are...

Ghostbusters
                          Alone in the Dark
                          Pure

also have Mass Effect 2 which I have literally just done 2 minutes of and a sealed Borderlands to play. But I have Alien v Predator, Sonic Racing, Bad Company 2 and Esgaluda 2 BL all arriving imminently

Comment

I just play one 'big game' at a time, no point starting 3 or 4 because you'll never finish them all doing that.

Comment

My current backlog (in order of which I plan to play):

Tales of the Abyss
                              Valkyria chronicles
                              Disgaea 3

Games on hold:
                              Luminous Arc 2 (on the final boss, needs a stupid amount of grinding to beat)
                              Final Fantasy Tactics (not sure why I haven't started it).

March is going to be tough though, God of War 3, Final Fantasy XIII, Sakura Wars. All games I really want to play (although God of War will probably only last 5 or so days of playing)

Comment

CoD6 scuppered any plans I had for other games. At what point do I say I've finished it (online)? I've almost reached level 70 but won't be prestiging, so I think I'll be almost done then, although there are a couple of challenges I want to knock on the head. After that, I'll just play it every now and then with friends.

Then it's back to:
                                Sin & Punishment 2 (1/2)
                                Dead Space Extraction (barely started)
                                Metroid Prime 2 (barely started)
                                Super Mario Galaxy (0)
                                Raiden Fighters Aces (2/3)
                                Half Life (2/3)
                                Half Life 2 (0)
                                Dux (0)
                                Rush Rush Rally Racing (0)
                                Luigi's Mansion (0)

and a whole load of others that I might not bother with....
                                Last edited by charlesr; 19-02-2010, 12:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X