How's your backlog, buddy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's your backlog, buddy?

There seems to be loads of threads about buying too many games, so I was wondering about how big a backlog of games you've built up.
    Seasonal Gaming Habits
    I have a sickness...
    Anyone else this poorly motivated?
    Spreading myself a bit thin
    Collecting : Playing Ratios...
    etc.

I'll let you off games you have no real intention of going back to, but I'm talking about how many games you're part way through, but have every intention of finishing off or getting a few more points on.

I also mean games that you've bought (probably at launch) and are sitting there in their wrappers laughing at you about how they've dropped in price.

I've always tried to be a one game kinda guy, but things have gotten out of hand with games-to-free-time ratio!

Part way through:
    Modern Warfare 2
    Forza 3
    Half-Life 2
    GRAW 2
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Rock Band
    Rock Band AC/DC
    Guitar Hero World Tour
    Stranglehold

Still unopened:
    Bioshock 2
    Armored Core For Answer
    Rockstar Table Tennis

Man alive, that's terrible!
    Last edited by QualityChimp; 18-02-2010, 09:24. Reason: Added reference to other threads

Im sure my problem is similar to many on here, where I have every intention to play a game, but life gets in the way. When I do knuckle down to it, something newer and more exciting takes my attention away. It also does not help when peeps on forums like here rave and hype up a game which I had no idea about, then get sucked in and get myself a copy to have it sit there on that ever incresing pile of games.

One thing I've noticed is that there just isn't enough time in the day to play all the games out there (that are worth sampling that is) and that to truly appreciate a game you like you need to amass a certain amount of gaming time with it to explore and truly understand a game. Hence why its virtually impossible for me to complete a game and try it again at other difficulty, or explore different routes in say an RPG.

I have a shed load of games Ive promised myself id go back to, problem is when and if I eventually do, Ive forgotten everything about it, and will need to start again........

If we all were still in school and had no bills to pay, im sure we would pile on into all our game stock and relish it all........ well that's the intention.

I tried so hard to only play one game at a time untill it is completed, but there are too many good ones out there to be loyal to one at a time! Im a gaming whore......... who just can't resist a bargain too......

The cycle never ends........

Comment

Hmm, part way through Dragon Age and I'm sure I'll go back to that at some point. Same with Sands of Destruction.

Still got an unopened Muramasa as well, mainly because I havn't been arsed to re-hook the Wii up to the TV again since the last time I unplugged it.

Comment

About 100 games.

;(

That said they're mostly not games I actually want to play.

So about, 25 - and they're ALL jRPGs.

Comment

Not good...

Playing
          Bayonetta
          Loopop Club Salad
          Advance Wars DS 2
          Plants v Zombies
          Halo3: ODST
          Forza 3
          NSMB

Unopened
          COD4
          COD4:MW2
          Darksiders
          Quantum of Solace
          Matt Hazard: Eat Lead
          Dead Space: Extraction
          Super Metroid

This is the problem with bargains... All of the unoped were really good value financially - I'm just not gettting the value out of them becuase I'm too busy!

Comment

Xbox 360 alone I have a shed load of games that I need to get done. This year I'm going to be much more selective in what I buy.

Comment

Most of my games basically!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                Most of my games basically!
                Yep, this!

Comment

I'm pretty much bang up to date. No, wait...

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                    Im sure my problem is similar to many on here, where I have every intention to play a game, but life gets in the way. When I do knuckle down to it, something newer and more exciting takes my attention away. It also does not help when peeps on forums like here rave and hype up a game which I had no idea about, then get sucked in and get myself a copy to have it sit there on that ever incresing pile of games.

If we all were still in school and had no bills to pay, im sure we would pile on into all our game stock and relish it all........ well that's the intention.

I tried so hard to only play one game at a time untill it is completed, but there are too many good ones out there to be loyal to one at a time! Im a gaming whore......... who just can't resist a bargain too......
                    So very very true!

Put disc in drive with intention of playing but yet to properly start:

Condemned 2
                    Fight Night Round 4
                    Modern Warfare 2

Gathering dust on the shelves next to the 360:

Left 4 Dead
                    Fable 2
                    Dirt 2
                    Star Ocean
                    Dead Space
                    Viva Pinata 2
                    Lost Odyssey
                    Mass Effect 2

Halfway through but never got back to it after the 360 went wrong:

Gun
                    Eternal Sonata

And, of course, I've just bought Bioshock 2 off someone on here so I'll be able to add that to the list of unplayed games too Gonna force myself to play Modern Warfare 2 tonight though, have nothing else planned so it's the perfect chance.
                    Last edited by EJG1980; 18-02-2010, 10:05.

Comment

Part way through:
                      Modern Warfare 2
                      Half-Life 2 (Episode 2)
                      Ultimate Megadrive Collection

Still unopened:
                      Oblivion Game of the Year
                      Bayonetta (on order)

Comment

Part way through

Gears Of War 2 - Probably haven't played it in six months.
                        Halo: ODST - starting to get bored with the Rookie/Hub sections.
                        Braid
                        Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Still not started

COD: MW2
                        MOH: Airbourne
                        Mario Galaxy
                        Metroid Prime Corruption
                        Senko No Ronde
                        Portal

I'm arguably playing more retro stuff these days than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post

I'm arguably playing more retro stuff these days than anything else.
                          Same here. Strange though, they aren't retro when I buy them.
                          Last edited by jimmbob; 18-02-2010, 10:41.

Comment

Excluding all the retro stuff that still needs to be played ive got this lot on the 360 to get started/on the go;

Part way through:
                            Dead Rising
                            Halo 3
                            Saints Row 2
                            GTA 4
                            Moto Gp 07
                            Rockband
                            Fable 2
                            GRAW 2
                            Beatles Rockband
                            PGR4
                            Street Fighter 4
                            Forza 2
                            Sega Superstar Tennis
                            COD MW2
                            DJ HERO

Still unopened:
                            VF5
                            Virtua Tennis 2
                            Lost Planet
                            Crackdown (opened just for the Halo3 beta)
                            Ass Creed
                            Devil May Cry 4
                            Eternal Sonata
                            The Orange Box
                            Blue Dragon
                            Stranglehold
                            Ghostbusters
                            Forza 3
                            Left 4 dead
                            Grid
                            Tomb raider Anniversary
                            Call of Duty 4
                            Lego Star Wars c.saga

That list is truely shocking. I need to ring in sick more at work i'm never gonna get through it.
                            I have resisted buying anything since MW2 though in a effort to get through some of these. The sad thing is i've even got XBLA games building up now ((

Comment

Nothing, seriously, oh wait I have the last level of pixeljunk shooter to do. Someone lent me fallout3 GOTY but as I've played it before, I'm not sure I can be arsed to even start it. I have no idea why people buy games on launch and then put them on a shelf sealed until 8 months later when its half price and they decide to play it. Some people must be earning too much

Comment

Working...
                              X