No announcement yet.

How's your backlog, buddy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazytaxinext, I mean Superman Falls, you must be one blessed gamer to have so much time to devote to gaming... I am envious of your free time and passion to get through not just that amount of games, but also the questionable titles, which some (with less free time and devotion) would ask ‘why bother’.

Do you literally play through them and see every ounce of content? Or is it a straight blitz through and call time when you see the credits roll?

Comment

Straight blitz, it's borderline speed running at times as I have to work around so much rather than have a straight evening to play. If a game is really good I'll commit the time but the older I've become the more I find most games with 12+ run times achieve that by padding than anything worthwhile, like hunting pigeons in GTA etc. The core game is enough in most instances.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        Straight blitz, it's borderline speed running at times as I have to work around so much rather than have a straight evening to play. If a game is really good I'll commit the time but the older I've become the more I find most games with 12+ run times achieve that by padding than anything worthwhile, like hunting pigeons in GTA etc. The core game is enough in most instances.
        Yeah, I figured as much. You are right though, the ‘padding out’ that developers do in some games has become something of a tired cliche these days.

Even so, that is some feat you do, to get through so much in the same hours we all get in a standard day... Well, you ARE Superman after all...

Comment

I've got 233 games in my backlog...

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            With that end goal in sight I've been adding a list together of backlog and replays to go through as the Great Second List, this time totalling up 30 titles to work through. List compiled I ran it through in random order and the line up will be:

01 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
            02 - Sonic: Lost World
            03 - King's Quest
            04 - Assassin's Creed: Origins
            05 - Agents of Mayhem
            06 - Submerged
            07 - State of Decay
            08 - Crysis
            09 - Fahrenheit: Remastered
            10 - Mad Max
            11 - Bioshock: Remastered
            12 - Dead Space
            13 - Yooka Laylee
            14 - Singularity
            15 - The Old City: Leviathan
            16 - Resident Evil 6
            17 - Ghost of a Tale
            18 - LA Noire
            19 - Forza Motorsport 7
            20 - Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
            21 - Remember Me
            22 - SOMA
            23 - Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
            24 - Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
            25 - Enslaved: Odyssey of the West
            26 - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
            27 - FEAR
            28 - Half Life: Source
            29 - The Darkness II
            30 - Lego Worlds
            Shouldn't self-harm posts go somewhere in off-topic?

Comment

There's a lot of... fluff in the list but the key thing is that the list isn't solely what I'll be working through. I tend to try and have 2-3 games on the go at once. The theory is that I'll have:

Game 01 - This is the main game I'll be working through, likely and usually the latest big release that gets the main focus of my evening and weekend gaming time.

Game 02 - A secondary title to mix things up for those moments when you want a break from Game 01. Sometimes of year it's an online mp title but others this is the slot taken by the next game on the above list.

Game 03 - The more optional one, typically this represents the game I play on handheld at work before my start time when I have an hour plus to kill.

So of my current titles that I'm playing they fit as:

Game 01 - Watch Dogs 2
              Game 02 - The Order: 1886
              Game 03 - Super Mario Odyssey

Though it's why this list takes so long to work through.

It's nothing compared to the fuller backlog list.

I think I still have around 6-7 games on PS4 to work back through and somewhere in the region of 400+ on PC.

Comment

Odyssey is wasted on that tiny screen. Ideally it should take up all three of your slots at one time.

Comment

I agree but Odyssey will also be a replay so I've already had the big screen experience with that game

Comment

Great. I'm also sweeping up Power Moons on handheld/desktop mode.

Comment

I was also confused by such a low position for such a tremendous game! But I'll allow it on the grounds of it being a replay.

Still grabbing Moons myself, recently got back into it. Just the best game. Love it.

Comment

It's not done in terms of preference at least.

Game 1 slot will (hopefully) get vacated when God of War arrives assuming it's not guff

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          Ideally it should take up all three of your slots at one time.
                          #Matron

I've given up keeping check on my backlog.

At a push:

Yakuza 0 - 10 hours in
                          Yakuza Kiwami - Not started
                          Watch_Dogs 2 - 2 hours in, not my thing, selling
                          Mario Odyssey - Done main story playthrough still loads to do
                          Zelda - Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............
                          Splatoon 2 - See Zelda
                          Shadow of the Colossus - 3 Colossi (Colossuses?) down
                          Dishonored 2 - 3 hours in

Plus numerous games from PS+ that I've started and thought "I'll come back to it".

Damn 'First Hour Syndrome'.

The main problem is Titanfall 2. If I've only got 30-45 minutes before I give up through tiredness I can complete a few matches on this in place of playing something else.

Comment

I mainly play lengthy games nowadays, so I just stick to them until I have the platinum. Then I mess about with other games until the next lengthy one comes out. I rarely buy games now though. I have no desire to play everything that comes out for five minutes. It just seems like a waste of money and time to me. I have had a little blowout because of PSVR where I bought Biohazard 7, but I was too scared to play it so I then bought Wipeout in the space of about a fortnight. Once Dark Souls comes out, that’ll do me for a few months though. I’ll not play anything else.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                            X