Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Britain's gone game-crazy"

did any one read this yet?

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

games have become a dominant form of entertainment in Britain and that games could soon eclipse the popularity of television.
    Maybe thats cos are TV is bad, to many reality tv show

Funny you should mention that. I said to the missus last night as I was playing Mario Golf I am playing more video games now than I ever have. And she said it was because of the ****e on the television. I agree with her (and you).

I mean what a choice, Mario Golf or the Bill?

Comment

I hate stories like this. Sure, gamers spent a billion pounds on games, but how much did British television stations gross?? Statistics are usueless without a context.

Now and then articles pop up where "Games are bigger than the movies" but they usually only compare total film box-office with game and hardware sales. Not including DVD and video grosses, or DVD player sales for that matter.

In terms of users and importance we are FAAAAAAAAR from TV and the movies.

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

I wish.

Comment

And The popularity of consoles like the PlayStation 2 has helped to move gaming out of the bedroom and into the living.
            God bless the BBC and their l33t journalistic skillz...

Comment

You should have seen two recent reports on gaming by C4 News... Beautiful they were... For a news programme that supposedly prides itself on being the most in-depth and objective around on terrestrial British TV, the reports were depressingly ill informed and factually incorrect.

As one of their presenters put it, games are for people with "no social skills".

This medium may be more popular now, but in the eyes of the mainstream it's still unfortunately seen as a culturally redundant/unworthy past time.

Comment

Working...
              X