No announcement yet.

Ketsui ~Kizuna Jigoku Tachi~ EXTRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played some more last night and realized what makes it so incredebly difficult for me:

1. Enemies still fire at you when you are pointblanking them. Very unusual.
    2. Enemies enter from the bottom of the screen. And fire at you. Combine this with issue no 1 and you have hell on your hands.

Also: at least one boss launches horizontal attacks at you. Horizontal! In a vertical shooter!

Comment

Finally got to playing this. Great port - haven't played much yet but am noticing hardly any differences between this and the PCB. On top of that, the UI is perfect and the remixed soundtrack is ace! I used to be able to make it to Stage 4 quite comfortably in this but that is no longer the case, barely scraped through to Stage 3 on my first credit
      the basic idea is using normal shot kill an enemy at close range, the closer the higher chip number you get, 5 max, then lock shot and you get the same number chip no matter the distance for a short time. i'm not sure what determines when it runs out and you start getting 1 chips again, i think you might be able to extend it by killing enemies at close range while in lock shot too?
      That's pretty much it - using normal shot you get chips of a higher number depending on your proximity to the enemy when they die. You'll see a counter in the top left count down on this, and basically for that time your lock shot will generate chips of the same number. A good example of this are the first 'bigger' ships that you get at the start of the first level - if you get up close and use normal shot they don't die but generate 5 chips, if you take this and then run back using your lock shot you should still get 5 chips when you kill them for good. There is a chaining element to it to keep your counter up, but proximity is the key and you do need to play very aggressively for top scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
        Ok so I can now regularly no-miss the first stage with a score of about 11.1 mil - Is this good? I've got nothing to benchmark it against so I have no idea if i'm correctly learning the scoring system or not. >.<
        That's not bad at all mate - if you want to see a top run to compare against though, MMM is the man to watch - http://www.mrmonkeyman.com/videos/index.html

Comment

I am incredibly pleased to say that today, Ketsui has finally clicked.

When I first started playing the game I was obsessed with learning the scoring system. You know what i'm like, I want to jump in at the deep end all the time when it comes to score.

Unfortunately this has to be one of the worst possible games to do that with, and as such I failed miserably, constantly dying on the first stage and barely getting past the second on one credit.

I wasn't feeling it. It was good but I was by no means getting this 'legendary CAVE game' feel from it. That was, until today.

For some reason it just all clicked together... I stopped caring so much about what my counter was saying and just concentrated on actually playing the damn game. Scoring became a byproduct and without even paying attention I had no-missed up to the stage 3 boss, and scored myself 52mil+.

Now I see what all the fuss is about.

Comment

Well, i've done a 180 on this game and all of a sudden i'm not very interested in it...

I think this is the first CAVE shmup that i'm really struggling to enjoy. I even got on better with DOJ than this...

It's just a lesson in complete frustration trying to play this for score. I've managed a 65mil score on Stage 4 and no matter how much I try, and how many times I come back to it, I can't get anywhere close and keep dying at really stupid places. I'm just not feeling this and it may go up for trade on these forums.

Back to Mushihimesama Futari.

Comment

Got this today and as has been said many times before it's really difficult. Much harder than DOJ for me although maybe that's just because I've had a bit of experience with that game. (i still suck at it.) I need a proper d-pad or stick for this though. I've been playing with a saturn pad and a VSHG on their respective consoles so moving to a 360 stick is extremely grim.

What controllers are you guys using for your shmup action?

Comment

^this. Is the Tekken 6 stick basically as good as the SC II stick was last generation? What's the best good priced stick with tight controls?

I got a Seimitsu Hori RAP for Caves PS2 shmups but ended up prefering the $200 cheaper SCII stick

Comment

Fantastic game ...... just a little too grainy on an LCD ....... to the ignorant its the worst looking Cave port in terms of on screen presentation ....... as said previously, best on a CRT in tate mode.

Hard as balls and great fun. The credit system is a nice change on these recent ports ... though they do stock up kinda quickly

Comment

Originally posted by JutmanCustoms View Post
                    to the ignorant its the worst looking Cave port in terms of on screen presentation
                    DeathSmiles Arcade mode looks a hundred times worse than this on a CRT. This looks absolutely glorious on a CRT via RGB scart.

Comment

Must confess ..... its the most focused and hardcore out of the current Cave ports.

Comment

Does the port have a Boss practise option? I looked around in the menus and couldn't find one.

Comment

Sadly not.

Comment

That's a shame, because everything else is awesome.

Comment

2 of these are back in stock at play-asia (affiliate link).

Comment

Finally got round to playing this, awesome.

Not going for scores at the mo just distance, managed to get to stage 4 main boss.

Definately my favourite cave shooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X