No announcement yet.

Ketsui ~Kizuna Jigoku Tachi~ EXTRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, i'm sad to say i'm well and truly done with this game.

Trying to play this game for score and understand the finer points to this game's scoring system has been a complete nightmare for me, and while I *WANT* to like it, I find myself just restarting, and restarting, and just leaving it in frustration.

My highest 65mil score was obtained within my first week of having the game and i've not been able to match it since no matter how many times I try (or don't try). I can't actually come anywhere close whether i'm playing casually or really concentrating, and it's just turned into a very frustrating experience for me.

It was actually enough at one point to completely put me off shmups, as I honestly believed i'd just gotten **** at them. Decided to get plugged into Mushihimesama Futari Black Label last night and instantly got to final boss with a 430mil score without even trying.

Sorry Ketsui, everybody loves you to pieces but I find you overrated and far too frustrating to play for score. Now i've got DDPDFK Black Label on order, I don't need you in my life anymore.

I'll be putting it up for sale shortly.

Comment

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

In stock at PA if anyone is interested.

Comment

Haven't played this in probably six months. Fired it up tonight. Its awesome and brutal. Completely forgot what to do and died a lot on the first level. Just made it to the level 3 boss and feel pleased. I've never made it that far on level 4 before so I was pretty pleased at where I got to. I think this game is really awesome but I've never understood the scoring at all.

Comment

Does anyone know what is required to unlock the Ketsui gamerpic? Also, is the artwork included in the 'Extra' section, viewable files when the DVD is put into a computer? I would test this myself but I don't have a DVD-ROM drive.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade Runner View Post
            is the artwork included in the 'Extra' section, viewable files when the DVD is put into a computer?
            Nope.

Comment

I hated this when I first got it. Just clicked when I went back the other month. Scoring wise it's very basic and doesn't make u jump thru hoops to get a good score. Very good old style shmup to play for survival as well. One of my fave shmups. I did feel the same about pink sweets but the arrange mode is amazing :-)

Comment

Thread revival, the PS3 version is out and from what I've gathered, it's exactly the same as the X360, which I skipped because...I don't know.
                Anyway, there are only two modes, arcade and X, an extra gallery fully unlocked from the start, online leaderboards and the usual screen options; the only thing I haven't seen in any other Cave port on the X360 is the ability to chose the smoothing type, rather than just on or off (correct me if I'm wrong).

X mode is very fun, and a lot easier than arcade, with cancellable bullets and an easier combo/scoring system; arcade and X almost feel a different games altogether using the same art assets, something that I didn't felt in any EspGaluda or DoDonPachi alternate modes.
                However, after SaiDaiOujou, it's extremely barebone. Only two modes, no challenges...it's by no means a bad game, but surely this edition feel anemic compared to recent shooters.
                I'm also torn on the graphics: I like military themes a lot and the moodier colour palette is great, but it surely feels much more dated than SaiDaiOujou...not exactly a fair comparison thinking of each game's release date and setting, but it's hard to shake this feeling.

Comment

I got round to firing up the PS4 game tonight. Ketsui is like an abusive relationship I keep going back to. I love it but I've never been great at it. I did have a lot of fun with (the somewhat friendlier) Deathtiny mode though. Didn't know exactly what I was doing but I did enjoy getting showered in fat golden cubes.

Comment

Working...
                  X