Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ring 3(D)

God I wish this was a joke.

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm feeling like Clint Eastwood these days telling 3-D horror movies to get off my damn lawn! Which is weird because of all the potential 3-D vehicles horror is one of my favorites because they love the...

This is kinda getting out of hand now. Although Sadako/Samara coming out of the TV would be great in 3D, Ring has always been about a slow atmospheric build up. A film like this just isn't suited to 3D.

"Teen centric"

*sigh*

The Ring 2 managed to be worse than Ring 2 (which at least had a couple of great scares). Disappointing they didn't at least try to remake Ring 0.

It will be like Scream. With Samara.

When we are here we may as well talk about the over saturisation of 3D. Too many films are now being post 3D-ised which just looks ****. Hollywood are going to cheapen and spoil a genuine attraction by making so many **** 3D films. There should be someone overseeing this **** to make sure only good stuff gets released, and no more than 1 or 2 a month.
    Last edited by cutmymilk; 30-04-2010, 06:38.

Comment

Now that we have to wear glasses in the cinema, I'm even less inclined to visit. Not that I have been in the last 4 years....

Tragic that the Ring concept has gone in this direction. But it might be good if taken in isolation?

Comment

If they make it about 3D viewing of the recording (instead of video tape) I think it could be at least interesting. Maybe it only works if you watch the images with the glasses, somebody who is colourblind is safe, etc - actually forget that...just leave it alone!!!

Comment

Doubtful that American teens (which seems to be the audience they are going for) would be really intrested in a remake of Ring 0, in fact that film is hardly even a horror film so it would probabaly be recieved very badly by alot of people as a prequel to The Ring.

To be honest I didnt really like either of the american films so far, or the Grudge, or Shutter, or Pulse, or the Uninvited, or any of those other Asian movie remakes they seem intent of making) so Maybe having a completely fresh story might make it at least worth while.... Maybe.

Comment

I figured they would leave this alone now, the original ring 2 was godawful and the director got a second chance with the american adaption and unbelievably made it worse! The japanese Ring 3(O) is just rediculous. Theres no hopes for this one.

Comment

The universe gets just a little more ridiculous by the day.

Comment

Working...
              X