No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought almost all of them did, because there was a fuss when it was disabled for MW?

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
      Do any games on Live allow for Live Party to be used whilst playing online FPS', for example?
      Most do. Some restrict party chat to certain gametypes though (Modern Warfare 2 only allows party chat in Mercenrary DM and Ground War, in the other MP modes it locks it to team chat only).

Comment

most do you are right! i think the only one thats doesn't as you say is MW2.

I will be interested to see the list of features its almost worth it for the ps3 protection plan but want to see if the + services are tied to a single machine. I have one upstairs and one down and I use both all the time.

Comment

Hopefully it will be a feature supported by Socom via a future game patch.

It is probably seen as cheating though and I can see why. Most games don't allow you to talk to your 'dead' team mates whilst still roaming about alive in a match (and vice-versa). Me and my mates use Live Party whilst playing Socom on PS3 and it helps massively. Cheating scum, I know
          Last edited by hudson; 26-05-2010, 12:56.

Comment

We use the 'pretend to kick team mate if you see enemy approaching him from behind' strategy in socom

Comment

It's still common practice, partner

Comment

Sadly I haven't played confrontation in a while. Probably wait for Socom 4 now.

Comment

I can see them turning out to be very different games. One close combat, the other big map, large team based affairs. Personally, I'm not excited by it at the moment.

Comment

That sounds rubbish. Why the hell does anybody need auto-patching? I wouldn't be covered by the warantee as my units are not PAL. Even as Captain Sony I will not be paying. They can **** off.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I wonder if Sony wished they hadn't gone with completely free multi-player from the start? Fair play to them for sticking with it, but clearly they are need some more dosh in this area. Home was supposed to be the income generator and I remember reading that it was actually a fairly decent money spinner, but presumably not enough.

Increasingly it looks like the days of 'free' internet are declining. The chances of Live becoming free are zero now. I wonder if there is a PS4, whether online gaming will still be free?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        That sounds rubbish. Why the hell does anybody need auto-patching?
                        I do. Recently I went back to LBP, MGS4 (online) and Socom. All of which required fairly large patches. I'd love it if it somehow detected that I owned those games and patched them in the background.

I agree with Brats' thoughts on Sony doing PSN for free. At the time it must have seemed a nice differentiator but the reality is that everyone expects sony to provide services like for like with XBL but for free and they're now realising that this stuff costs money to run.

Comment

At least what we get from PSN right now will stay free. Just a shame the cross game voice chat will cost those who want it a fair bit of wonger.

Comment

Sony made a major mistake not cashing in on a subscritption based method which was already put in place via Xbox Live, especially to help them with maintaining a quality service from the front end. Clearly they also had a large fear of launching a console at £400+ with a subscription service, they must have felt that FREE online play would grab peoples attention away from the large price tag of the console. Which it did for some people and still does.
                            Totally agree with what Spatial said earlier on about the PSN service needing to get in order before they start charging subscriptions.
                            Hopefully the other rumour of a PSN redsign will be shown at E3 also.

Comment

It does seem like they want to monetise the service, but are accutely aware that they won't be able to simply charge for the existing service without suffering a backlash that would be difficult to recover from. The fact that the service is free is probably their big 'ace' against the 360. Hence, the 'additional services' just feel like they're stuggling to find something to charge for. Cross-game voice chat would be very useful for people who are heavy users of PSN thus might actually be happy to pay for the service, but people don't really perceive such a feature as a 'premium' functionality. And the updating feature... really, games update when you boot them up anyway.

But as long as they don't pull a Microsoft do cynical stuff like delaying demos for free users, I don't think people have much to be concerned about.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                                I do. Recently I went back to LBP, MGS4 (online) and Socom. All of which required fairly large patches. I'd love it if it somehow detected that I owned those games and patched them in the background.
                                Yeah, but you don't actually need it. It's just a luxury, and not something you should have to pay for.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X