No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, if Sony got their act together Re: patches for games we wouldn't need a background downloading service, I can't say I was too impressed when I got Heavy Rain home the first time then had to sit around whilst it downloaded 900meg of updates.

Comment

I have fast internet so D/L's, patches and updates never take me very long to do at all. I guess if you have slow internet these things could be handy.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        To be honest, if Sony got their act together Re: patches for games we wouldn't need a background downloading service, I can't say I was too impressed when I got Heavy Rain home the first time then had to sit around whilst it downloaded 900meg of updates.
        Quoted for truth.

But to be honest, modern gaming is full of this ****. Purchased Lost Planet 2 on PS3 today, thought I'd have a quick play before dinner but all I managed was to complete the mandatory install.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          I have fast internet so D/L's, patches and updates never take me very long to do at all. I guess if you have slow internet these things could be handy.
          Well aren't you great!

Comment

More than you it seems slow internet boy.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Unfortunately the update servers can't get the patch out as quick as my connection would like. But hey, it's FREE! Perhaps the paid subs will have servers specifically for the subscribers.

Th giant patches and rubbish servers are the bottleneck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                But to be honest, modern gaming is full of this ****. Purchased Lost Planet 2 on PS3 today, thought I'd have a quick play before dinner but all I managed was to complete the mandatory install.
                Agreed.

No interest in a paid service from me, don't do paid downloads either from PSN or game add-ons.

Did Live on the original Xbox for a couple of years but in the end I wasn't using it enough so gave it up.

Comment

It is well annoying though. Heavy Rain was a joke. Massive installation and then a massive patch before you could sit for hours totally bored yet strangely addicted.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Sony Europe president, Andrew House on the PlayStation Blog:

"I can assure you that the current PSN as you know it will remain a free service. It is something that our competitors don?t offer and something that shows our loyalty to the PlayStation Community.?
                    "However, Kaz Hirai stated a few months ago that we were looking at a premium service to sit alongside the current free service and that objective has not changed. You?ll learn more about it very soon."

Very soon? why do they not just say it's at E3.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      It is well annoying though. Heavy Rain was a joke. Massive installation and then a massive patch before you could sit for hours totally bored yet strangely addicted.
                      I have to agree with this Joe very strange how addictive Heavy Rain was.

Comment

It have to agree with that E3 might not be the best place to announce this. However they try and spin it, they're still ultimately introducing a subscription-based layer to PSN, I can't see people jumping for joy.

Comment

If they announce it gives exclusive access to Shenmue 3, I'm in!

Comment

I'm not paying for both Live and a PSN+ sub. People only have so much money they're willing to invest in the platform before they get onto that whole business of actually playing what they've paid to play in the first place.

Comment

Auto-patching doesn't sound like much of a perk. How long do average PS3 patches take to install, 15-30 seconds like XBL games?

Comment

Xbox title updates are capped at 4 meg, and are not allowed to be incremental. There's no upper size limit on PS3 patches, and they can be incremental if the developer wants them to be.

ie, it doesn't matter how many times a 360 game has been patched since launch, you'll only get the one download when you go online with it the first time. A ps3 game can force you to download multiple patches in a row, some of them pretty hefty. If you buy Little Big Planet now, expect to wait nearly an hour before you can actually play it online...

Comment

Working...
                                X