Sonic Colors (sic) Wii + DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic Colors (sic) Wii + DS

Well this was a bizzarre announcement. Possibly they panicked over the trademark getting made public and they didn't expect the Sonic 4 delays but still... Sonic's image has taken a bit of a pounding, seems risky having two games in development like this.

Description makes it sound like Sonic Unleashed but with Sonic Adventure sections instead of werehog

I stopped reading at:

The alien Wisps featured in the game each have a unique ?Color Power?
    Just when Sonic started crawling back some credibility too.

Comment

Well, it gets better after that...

The Wisp energy enables Sonic to create new paths through the stages by drilling through the ground (Yellow Drill)
      So, uhmm, like an other certain platformer?

or speeding through the stage as a laser (Cyan Laser)
      If Sonic needs a speed boost ability we're either facing an insanely fast and challenging game or an incredibly slow game with what should be normal Sonic fare hidden somewhere.

Maybe it was wise to stop reading after the first lines...

Comment

So, uhmm, like an other certain platformer?
        Ah WonderDog , How I missed you. Come to think of it, the original Sonic was able to open secret paths through stages.

If Sonic needs a speed boost ability we're either facing an insanely fast and challenging game
        Yep I think Sonic Team are at last 'getting it'. Think old Sonic Team will surprise many over the next couple of years.
        Last edited by Team Andromeda; 27-05-2010, 09:46.

Comment

Given the formats I'm expecting the 3D sections to handle like Secret Rings and Black Knight which weren't that bad.

Plus, the description says it's set in orbit of Sonic's home planet. Mobius! About time!

Comment

New details emerge:

- developed for the younger crowd
            - developed by the ’storybook’ team (Secret Rings, Black Knight)
            - storybook franchise has been killed off, following poor sales of Sonic and the Black Knight
            - not a huge learning curve
            - marketed to general, mainstream Wii owners
            - early press hands-on seem positive
            - Tail’s playability may only be available in multiplayer
            - pointing/touching of in-game items
            - may have some gameplay elements that liken it to Super Mario Galaxy
            - playable at E3

Comment

and thus the Sonic cycle completes a revolution before the first in game screenshot is even released

Comment

That list makes me more interested. A simplified game would be better than the usual gimmick led over complicated one we get, hopefully it'll have controller support this time too.

Comment

Simplifying and going back to 'pure' gameplay is good. However all the descriptions so far are implying this is going to rip off Mario Galaxy.

They're saying that Sonic Team is doing the Wii version and Dimps is doing the DS version.

Is there actually any real talent left in Sonic Team now?

Comment

Scans are floating around.

The DS version basically looks like Sonic Rush 3

Wii version looks fairly pretty, 2.5D gameplay with big bright colours. The level they showed off is a food base one with giant doughnuts and lollipops. Guessing they've used the engine from sonic unleashed

Comment

Play Preview from CVG with some nice looking screens:

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Comment

Denied!

Comment

There's screens of both the DS and Wii versions up on Sega of America's Flickr page. Also, extended teaser trailer at youtube:

Comment

I've just seen the footage of the first zone being played on Youtube

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Like a self-harmer I've kinda got to say... I kinda like the look of it...

Comment

This looks wicked dare I say.

Especially compared to Sonic 4, im even Wii tempted, gah.
                              Last edited by Baseley09; 18-06-2010, 08:39.

Comment

Working...
                              X