X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tokuda
    Ah sorry mate- I missed this response.
    Not a problem

Something that I've been wondering about that either yourself, or any other owners of the console version could answer. How much different, gameplay wise, is the arcade version to the console conversions.

The original DC conversion of SC was different from the the arcade version in so many ways, in many respects it was SC in name and characters only. The majority of characters received some tweaks to their movelist, with some new move additions and modifications to existing moves etc. Is the conversion of SC2 the same or are Namco more confident in the original game this time?

Comment

Originally posted by C'
      Something that I've been wondering about that either yourself, or any other owners of the console version could answer. How much different, gameplay wise, is the arcade version to the console conversions.

The original DC conversion of SC was different from the the arcade version in so many ways, in many respects it was SC in name and characters only. The majority of characters received some tweaks to their movelist, with some new move additions and modifications to existing moves etc. Is the conversion of SC2 the same or are Namco more confident in the original game this time?
      The fighting systems and moves of each character are the same.

The changes from the arcade version are....

improved graphics- for the XBOX and GC versions at least. Sharper character models, more pronounced lighting effects

lots more extras- each character has a third costume for instance. Different weapons (in an aesthetic sense) for each character which are unlockable.

more mods of play- just like SC really- plenty more modes of play like time attack and its different variations (e.g. extra time attack and extreme time attack).

Necrid- he nicks a few moves off other characters as well as having many of his `own`. I`m not amazingly keen on his character design, but as for his actual fighting skills- he is heavy.

Sophitia and Sueng Mina are also present.

Comment

Has Conquest Mode made it home? It was something I didn't think would work outside of the arcade environment (and it barely works there )

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          Has Conquest Mode made it home? It was something I didn't think would work outside of the arcade environment (and it barely works there )
          Naah- they got rid of it- which is a good idea (I'm sure you agree too).

Comment

VF4 Evolution is completely different to VF4. All the characters have been dramatically changed. The game is deep and challenging, you can't pull off any flashy **** without knowing the moves. In SC2 you can 3+b then mash around the buttons for a fancy juggle. Not so in VF4 Evo, more like p+k, k, f+p, k, 3+k :P Dodging is a lot harder as are counters as they can be move dependent as opposed to everyone having the same f/b+g parries for high and low attacks. Evo is also a lot more fussy as regards frames, the window you have in which to perform these counters is much smaller. I could go on but basically VF4 Evo on PS2 is graphically amazing, has an awesome quest mode and you can be guarenteed that AM2 won't take away your character in the next version

Comment

Unless you liked Taka Arashi in VF3...

Which no-one did!!!

Comment

Cheers for all the advice. VF4 Evo it is then

Comment

I'd go for Evo in the long term, it's Sdo much deeper and challenging, but for a quick arcade burst of beat 'em up action, Cali 2 cannot be beaten.

Comment

When is Evo coming out in the US ?

Comment

A US date is yet to be announced but apparently the PAL version (which is likely to retain the Progressive Scan support and include a 60hz option) is supposed to be out in June.

Comment

Working...
                      X