No announcement yet.

Scott Pilgrim The Video Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing for me was, as lovely as the visuals are, the impact blows are not satisfying enough and feel a little airy, lacking feel thud or proper collision. Dont know how to accurately describe it. Games like SOR or The Punisher feel meaty and encouraged continuous play as a result.

Comment

It's definitely not the sum of its parts.

The comic, story, graphics, cutscenes, music, animation etc. are all great, but the actual game is a slog to play.

I'll try doing some stat boosts and using the Sword of Love cheat, but you shouldn't need to do those things to have fun in the first place.

Comment

Ubisoft has announced Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game - Complete Edition, due out on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nint…

Late this year the game is being rereleased as a Complete Edition with DLC included

Comment

Ubisoft announced the popular Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game is getting re-released, during the company’s second Ubisoft Forward event of 2020. This new release will feature the original release’s DLC and will be out later this year.

Brian Lee O'Malley there confirming that he's got nothing to do with it, was being entirely sincere when he said he knew nothing about it only a month ago (he was meant to have been told but there was a "communication breakdown"), and that he makes no money from it whatsoever in the first place. Between this and Ubisoft's recent, much broader pattern of ****ty behaviour, this one ain't leaving a good feeling in my mouth.

Comment

What's even more interesting to me is that he says he never made money from the release even the first time around. Got to wonder who did make all the money and what kind of deal was made initially. Some of that could probably be inferred from the game credits in terms of who licensed to who.

Comment

There's definitely a story to be told here. Somebody's screwing somebody over.

In theory, could I re-download my original Scott Pilgrim purchase on my 360?

This is just another reason to embrace physical (physical) if you want to play something again years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                What's even more interesting to me is that he says he never made money from the release even the first time around. Got to wonder who did make all the money and what kind of deal was made initially. Some of that could probably be inferred from the game credits in terms of who licensed to who.
                As I understand it, Ubisoft licensed it from Universal.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                This is just another reason to embrace physical (physical) if you want to play something again years later.
                Yeeeeeeesssss, now he sees! HE SEES! *bangs desk* join us, join us, join us!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Yeeeeeeesssss, now he sees! HE SEES! *bangs desk* join us, join us, join us!
                  My groaning shelves are testament to me preferring physical. You're preaching to the converted, buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    As I understand it, Ubisoft licensed it from Universal.
                    So essentially a movie license more than the book license... and yet the art is clearly based on the book. That's interesting. Feels like QC is right - somebody has been screwing somebody over. I can't remember if the movie used the drawn designs at any point but, if it did, that could mean that the publisher or O'Malley signed over the rights to Universal and they in turn could license to Ubisoft without needing to give anything back to O'Malley.

Comment

Sure, look for it in your purchase/download history.

Comment

There's definitely a story to be told here. Somebody's screwing somebody over.

In theory yes, if they reactivated the old game. This is technically a new version of the old game so you’ll have re-buy if you want to play on current consoles. They are basically saying re-buy this digital game you own but because of licensing we can’t re-release the original game, which leads to the question.

So what’s stopping it from happening again?
                        Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                        X