Scott Pilgrim The Video Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott Pilgrim The Video Game

First gameplay footage is out and although we've been parking all talk about the game in the movie thread, this now NEEDS it's own thread - it looks awesome!

Really does look like Paul Robertson has helped to produce a playable version of one of his videos.

Undoubtedly day one for me!

Looks awesome. Just worried it would spoil the movie/comic.

Is paul Robterson the guy who did that fake beat em up video with the zombie babies?

Comment

That's the guy

Comment

Thought it looked like his stuff

Awesome to see a game using sprites and not bland vector art. Gotta love the chip tunes too.

Hope there's a lot of meat to this game, would love something that'd take ~10 hours to get to the end rather than ~90 minutes.

Comment

Looks cool, but I find sidescrolling beatemups a little boring nowadays.

Comment

Gah, did you not like Castle Crashers?

Think this looks the ****, only problem i have with it is that the trailer shows far too much.

Comment

this is true, it was a great 4-player lark

Comment

This does have 4 player co-op but from all I've read at the moment suggests it's local co-op only.

Mega

Comment

this game looks awesome, i love the art style and how its been translated to look like an older game. been wanting to read the comic for a while and this makes me wanna read it more

Comment

That does look pretty neat, although Castle Crashers did bore me. Not that funny, not that interesting. But I do adore the comics - O'Malley's one of the few hipster darling indie comic guys I actually really like - so hopefully even if the game's sub-par, the art style and humour and so on will elevate it somewhat.

Comment

After seeing that video - NEED! Looks awesome, love the retro look and sound to it!

Comment

I really can't wait for this!

It's a shame the XBLA version hasn't got a release date yet because it's a PSN timed exclusive.

This ticks all the geek boxes for me. I can't get enough of Paul Robertson's pixel art.

Here's the E3 trailer, if you've not seen it:

Comment

The achievements for the 360 version have already been revealed so the XBLA release probably won't be too far behind.

Comment

Confirmed as 25th August for XBLA - told you it wouldn't be too far behind

Comment

Anyone enjoying Pilgrim's Punch Out?

Comment

Working...
                              X