Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheres this place?

Comment

Nice one, looks fun. It’s in north London fishbowlhead.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
        I went to Exfed in Manor House for the first time last night and it was f***ing sick. There was a decent 3S contingent so plenty of players to go up against, and a tourney as well which I must’ve finished last in as I didn’t win a single round. Also there is this really funky cafe/bar type place on the same premises which is banging, and to top it off this weekend they had a sound system in the yard with a number of DJs playing deep house, some more progressive house later on, and then dub to finish the night complete with MCs.

Honestly I’ve not had a night out like that in literally over a year! Will definitely be back soon.

That sounds pretty decent. I could only hope we have something as worthwhile in the North.

That 'arcade' layout is 😘 (nearest to a chef's kiss I could find).

EDIT: Arguably we have Arcade Club Leeds nearby and the Bury branch which is further afield so perhaps I'm splitting hairs. That said I'd love a venue that offers gaming through the day, then drinks/partying in the evening (it sounds like the perfect combination).
        Last edited by Paddy; 01-08-2021, 16:31.

Comment

Have been following the news re: FPC for some time, but must admit that the size of that soft launch and all the other bits going on outside actually puts me off a little. I definitely want to get down there ASAP, but perhaps not when it's packed out. We'll see!

In the meantime, Chief Coffee's a much more likely prospect given it's open all the time and super local for me. Planning to get down there very soon.

Comment

ExFed looks cool in North London. I really used to love HOG (Heart Of Gaming)in London, but when they moved to Croydon was a bit harder to get to. Next time I get chance wanna go to Arcade Club in Leeds. Japan seems farther away than ever at mo…

Comment

Kevin Williams has the scoop for us on the games shown at the 2021 Autumn Coin-Op Show (ACOS) in London. Read on for details.

Elevator Action Invasion has physical lift doors that open to the new floor!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 22-10-2021, 21:10.

Comment

I'm sure I saw that elevator action game years ago. Is this a show for new arcade games world wide or to a particular country?

Comment

It was in London, but it's got manufacturers from all over like China and America.

The article is worth reading, to be fair.

Comment

OK not to be a negative Nelly but every single one of those games looks absolutely bobbins.

Gonna hit up Four Quarters Elephant and Castle in a week’s time. Will report back

Comment

After home gaming kind of killed the arcades they went for more more gimmick type games, it seems. Havent read the article just an observation.

I would always play an arcade game if it was half decent but since the PSX days many people thought them a con. Although 2 quid a game etc is steep and always will be.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        It was in London, but it's got manufacturers from all over like China and America.

The article is worth reading, to be fair.
                        Okay, just had a read of the artical. Seems a lot of Chinese "inspired" game cabinets there. Maybe that's why I thought I'd seen that elevator action game before. According to the artical the game is not an officially licensed part of the series.

Comment

Have played the 'legit' Elevator Action Death Parade and can't say I was particularly impressed even with that, and immediately it seemed like it'd be an absolute nightmare to maintain and exactly the kind of thing I could see falling into disrepair in the average arcade. Those skill shooters might be ok (that said, even Namco's Quick & Crash only holds my attention for so long), but of everything there, I'd be most interested in trying out that take on Prop Cycle! I loved that game.

Used to attend a lot of London trade shows back when we had ECTS, ATEI and so on, but as the ICE presence grew it stopped being less of an attraction to someone who was there primarily to ogle new videogames.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            OK not to be a negative Nelly but every single one of those games looks absolutely bobbins.

Gonna hit up Four Quarters Elephant and Castle in a week’s time. Will report back
                            Skill shooters giving me big quick and crash vibes and that was a simple fairground stye shooting gallery and great fun.

Comment

I have never played a real Quick and Crash cab but I greatly enjoyed the minigame on the PS2 version of Time Crisis 2.

Comment

I love Quick & Crash.
                                Pretty simplistic, but I was getting those vibes from the ball-bearing arcade at that show.

Comment

Working...
                                X