Arcades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monel View Post
    Is there a dislike button? QC has never mentioned this place. Can I down vote him and all his posts, thanks.
    Apart from when I talked about it opening two years ago, of course.

They have a Tekken 2 cab there. Maybe you could pop down and get some practice in so I don't humiliate you at it.

Again.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Oh yeah, I also meant to say that a barcade has just opened up near me called "NQ64".

It's in The Custard Factory, which is turning into an amazing place to visit. Digbeth Dining Club (street food), Chance & Counters (see the boardgames thread!), Mockingbird Cinema, Ghetto Golf, The Floodgate (curling, table golf, baseball cages), Dropshot (ping pong), Roxy Ballroom (shuffleboard, bowling, pool) and loads of bars.

Anyway, NQ64 looks mint and can't wait to visit!

What games can you spot?!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Looking to bag themselves a man with a fully calibrated BVM setup no doubt.
      Damn I’ve only got a PVM!

Comment

Apart from when I talked about it opening two years ago, of course.

They have a Tekken 2 cab there. Maybe you could pop down and get some practice in so I don't humiliate you at it.

Again.
        Man, again with this. You really don't like losing either, it seems to change your whole demeanour. Have they got a street fighter, you might not like that.

I do not remember your original post but you could have mentioned it again. Damn you for this. Haha.

Comment

I'm tired of your loser talk, asking to swap games after I keep trouncing you with characters I've never played before.

We should try that PS+ EA UFC game, although I might get the Bruce Lee DLC for japes.

Joking aside, mate, NQ64 is a really nice venue and you should consider going.

Comment

Nice one QC. If i ever go up that way ill be sure to check this out.

Comment

I'm tired of your loser talk, asking to swap games after I keep trouncing you with characters I've never played before.

We should try that PS+ EA UFC game, although I might get the Bruce Lee DLC for japes.

Joking aside, mate, NQ64 is a really nice venue and you should consider going.
              You are an Eddy Gordo, repeat sweep with King type player. I'm a casual player but I see you.

Actually do need more games to play, although you're always playing pokemon or something.

I would love to check out that arcade. The 90s had some decent ones.

Where is Tekken 8, Namco and stop ignoring Soul Calibur.

Comment

I played Tekken 2, as King obvs, but was disappointed to find his 10-hit combo I learned in Tekken 3 wasn't in it, but managed to get through about 5 or 6 rounds with him.
                It's pretty funny that his combo has stayed in for every game afterwards, though!

NQ64 had Street Fighter II Champion Edition, Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 and Virtua Fighter, if you like your fighters.

Comment

I'd love to play Sf2 Hyper, but nowadays I look out for Time Crisis, House of the Dead 2 etc. That Star Wars Battle Pod (?) was amazing and I only played it because you mentioned it on here. Was a bit expensive. Back then it was a nice bit of escapism for me.

Oh yeah I think Tekken 3 and maybe Tag was the series high point. Not the best in the series, but where they really perfected their formula for the time they were released.
                  Last edited by monel; 17-02-2022, 11:23.

Comment

Namco Funstation Trafford
                    Visited yesterday with Jr1 and he was initially disappointed that Mario Kart Arcade GP DX appeared to have been removed however everything was not as it first appeared...

Right at the back corner they've knocked a wall down and extended the arcade floor, moving MKAGPDX and Cruisn' Blast into an extension area along with Jurassic Park Arcade. On the nearside wall is their two new set ups, one is a Galaga Defender VR shooter set up and the other...

It's a whopping £6.95 per player per play and the game is effectively a VR experience job lasting one two minute lap. It feels like your control is a somewhat limited too but it had to be done. The kart set up blows wind and heat at you and it rumbles a lot, the sensors on your hands let you reach out as you race and grab weapons from dangling balloons so you physically throw green shells at rivals or wave your arm smacking them like Will Smith with a hammer. It's somewhat surreal 'being in' the mushroom kingdom, it's a convincing recreation.

When the race starts you are one of the characters, I was Mario and Jr1 was Luigi. As the countdown begins you're shunted hard by Bowser and Wario who push in front and taunt you and then you start racing. There's a strong sense of scale and after the first few bends you leap off the track for a convincing sense of drop before hand gliding down to a different themed section. It does this several times, going through green areas, castles, Bowsers fortress, sky ships etc so you get a mixture of styles and track designs. No Rainbow Road section sadly and after about two minutes the finish line comes up. It's a very expensive experience for what it is but at the same time one of those must try things because of the theming. The headset lets you hear other players so as Jr1's first VR experience it completely and utterly blew his mind, I could hear him audibly gasping and laughing at everything like the massive Piranha Pete's chomping down.

You can easily tell from the rig set up it's an exe running via Nvidia so not to sound to naughty but hopefully it leaks one day like GP did so it isn't lost forever when these set ups are packed up.

Comment

Not my screenshots but they're pretty accurate to your view:

Comment

Well jel - that sounds brilliant!

The Namco Funstation in London closed down due to COVID sadly

Comment

Id give that a go, even if its just once. Might be time to head over to the Trafford Centre over the coming weeks.

Comment

“£6.95 per player per play and the game is effectively a VR experience job lasting one two minute lap”

That’s outrageously overpriced to be honest. I know everyone has to make a buck on that but £7 for 1 lap is a real big ask.

Comment

Looks like there's an NQ64 opening in London, a stone's throw from the current Las Vegas location

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                                Looks like there's an NQ64 opening in London, a stone's throw from the current Las Vegas location

https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/25/a-ret...onth-16528509/

That's great news as I had a top night at the one in Brum.

Comment

Working...
                                X