No announcement yet.

Arcades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I'm well on that. Will def be giving it a bash. Good looking out fuse.

Comment

I want to be very clear that this was linked to me by arcade-thirsty mates and that I don't read Metro unprompted.

Comment

Comment

I am absolutely up for a forum meet at this new arcade / bar place in Soho!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I need to pop in there next time I’m heading down to Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I do like that they've opened a venue in Blackpool. I think for anyone who grew up in the north west in the 80s/90s it was the absolute Mecca of arcades.

They're also in the process of converting the ground floor of Bury into a fourth "floor". I think that's pretty much the whole mill now. It just keeps getting better!

Comment

Lol RIP to every other arcade in Blackpool, the arcades there have been dire for years broken run down crap at quid a go. Will be fun to see what impact arcade club makes once word gets out.

Comment

Its all about the ticket machines in Blackpool now, there weren't very many arcade games full stop when I went last year.

They did have the Luigi's Mansion arcade game in Coral Island though which was awesome

Comment

They have that at arcade club now can’t remember if it’s the Leeds or Mancs one as I saw it on Facebook, haven’t been since just before the pandemic started so I don’t know what new stuff they have at each just posts to showcase things of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                      I do like that they've opened a venue in Blackpool. I think for anyone who grew up in the north west in the 80s/90s it was the absolute Mecca of arcades.

They're also in the process of converting the ground floor of Bury into a fourth "floor". I think that's pretty much the whole mill now. It just keeps getting better!
                      It sure was. Blackpool was the place followed by Rhyl in North Wales and if you had to, Colwenbay (sp?).

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        They have that at arcade club now can’t remember if it’s the Leeds or Mancs one as I saw it on Facebook, haven’t been since just before the pandemic started so I don’t know what new stuff they have at each just posts to showcase things of interest.
                        I really need to go back to the Bury one and try out the Leeds one! Bet they've got loads of new stuff in now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                          I really need to go back to the Bury one and try out the Leeds one! Bet they've got loads of new stuff in now.
                          I was in the leeds one last weekend, got to play a few big games and they had about 4-5 new additions, the highlights for me was the, 4 player Outrun sit down cabs that had 2 v2 game play and two wheels in each car that switched drivers every-time you made a mistake, the cars where on hydraulics too, giving you some nice tilt and rumble into the corners.

TANK TANK TANK was fantastic too just from a feedback perspective, every time you fire your thrown backwards in your seat and pummeled with rumble in what felt like the most powerful recoil Ive ever felt in an arcade cab, my back was killing comeing of a sustained competitive sesh on this. Bishi Bashi arcade was also a new addition to the last time i was their, 3 players multiplayer with four buttons each and lots of button mashing crazy competitive mini games meant it was very hard to get on it.

They also had a new DDR machine where the whole floor was a touch pad, i didnt see anyone on it much until these two friends absolutely destoyed the high score table for about two hours with some crazy good competitive play which just saw them gliding around not missing a note like they had played each song a hundred times before.

I noticed a few machines needed a bit of TLC too, one of the Xmen vs Street fighter cabs had no M-Punch which killed competition on it, the monster hunter Piggy cab was also looking very beaten up, one of the quick and crash cabs had lost its exploding cup, you kind of expect these things though and 90% of it was working well.

I also stumbled upon the 18+ PC gaming room this time which was abandoned bar someone playing fortnite on a big tv on an old xbox.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 07-06-2022, 16:37.

Comment

Ah the ddr thing is dance rush, it’s super intimidating. I still can’t shuffle step to save my life lol. I really miss dance evolution it used to be at Leeds but they got rid of it for a crappy pump it up ddr knockoff. And just as I was starting to learn a few of the dance routines to the jpop stuff was getting pretty good at the akb48 songs fruity dancing and all.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              It's at the Bury one (I think it's still there!).

Definitely worth a visit if you haven't been since pre-pandemic.

Loads of new additions on the retro floor, a side-room on floor 2 with 20+ candie cabs (I'm a big fan of shmups, so love this one...Darius Gaiden, Battle Garegga, Ketsui, Espgaluda, Batsugun and more), lots of new additions throughout really. They've also done some work on the venue adding a bigger car park, painted all the staircases, nicer toilets etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                                nicer toilets etc.
                                Leeds one needs a bit of a face lift, the whole place is feeling a little shabby now the toilets are awful, i found it hilarious that their was a selection of deodorants in the Toilets for the patrons to use though, its like their saying

Come on man take the hint, have a quick spray please
                                VR felt like a breeding ground for germs no clean down between uses and it was super tired with worn out straps that didn't tighten properly, it would be nice to see something other than beat sabre on it too, they should repurpose the "Adult" pc room to do room-scale VR and put big budget stuff like Half Life on it and get a bit of new kit as at the moment its a wasted space.

Comment

Working...
                                X