No announcement yet.

Arcades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was in the great yarmouth a few days ago on a hot summers day and smiled when I saw a few cabs.

The Simpsons Arcade 4 Player Sit down cab.
    Fist of the North Star (punch mania)
    Sega Rally 3? sure it had a wrc cab
    Crazy Taxi seated cab
    Point Blank
    Terminator Salvation

No doubt others, gonna get a full day out to arcade it up some time in the next few weeks.

Comment

nice retro arcade in downtown vancouver. got a few light-gun games (including my favourite - time crisis 2), 4 player daytona, probably 4 or 5 fighters (mainly different versions of street fighter 2) along with some other randoms like bust-a-move, raiden, 1945. they also have a machine that lets you choose from about 25 bbc games. most games cost only 25 cents to play (about 17 pence) with the most expensive games are 50 cents.

Comment

I've found an awesome little arcade here in the local mall:

As well as all that they have a ton of Initial D racing machines which I might start playing.

I nearly opted for the $100 VIP pass which gets one free game per day and 20% off all credits. Maybe when I live here...

The vs. cabs seem to get some hefty use at weekends too, which is a good thing.

Comment

That place looks amazing. Wish I had somewhere like that to go.

Comment

This is just the local mall too, which is tiny (apparently). I've yet to venture into the city center for a proper sken.

I'm meant to be looking for work though, not arcades. >< Infact, I'm going to look on their website, as I'll be able to use this card with my pre-paid credits in any of their arcades.

Prices are 50c for cabs, 40c for VIPs, and racing/gun games are $1, or 80c for VIPs. You also get a small &#37; bonus depending on how much credit you apply, I slapped down $20 and came out with $23.
            Last edited by dataDave; 26-07-2010, 10:07.

Comment

Man, I'd love to live near an actively used arcade.

Comment

I usually go to a few in Tokyo just to play SF2 or SF4 mainly. I went to a Taito arcade on my lunch break last Friday and got my arse handed to me by a good Ryu player. Was OK though because it was 2 credits for 100 yen!

Comment

That's pretty good. And yeah, for fighting game experience. Got my own Egret 3 for shmups..

Comment

Dave, you over there for good now?

Comment

Not yet, once I land a job however... There seems to be plenty going over here, I just need to hear back.

Looking for fun activities to do this weekend? Try Timezone. Whether you’re a kid or an adult, Timezone will provide you with endless entertainment!

This place is absolutely showered with these places!! And they have tournaments too! I reckon I'm going to pick up Initial D. ;p

I don't even need any home consoles at this rate. If I find VF5 and 3rd Strike I'm sorted.

Also, I automatically get a VIP card once this card has had a total of $100 spent on it over time. Ace!

EDIT: I'm up to 4-1 on Shienryu now. I can 1-life the first two stages.
                      Last edited by dataDave; 30-07-2010, 13:12.

Comment

I've been to quite a few of the Timezone chain of arcades now, and I can safely say our local one is by far the best.

On the plus side, I've been offered a job! I just need to qualify for the Singapore Employment Pass.

Comment

Im off to Blackpool this weekend to pick up a family member, and i havent been to the arcades there in [i]years[i]. So appart from the obvious Coral Island (im assuming its still called that?) are there any arcades have some hidden gems in them?

Im talking original SFII cabs or that sort of era really, but failing that where's best to be heading?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            I've been to quite a few of the Timezone chain of arcades now, and I can safely say our local one is by far the best.

On the plus side, I've been offered a job! I just need to qualify for the Singapore Employment Pass.
                            Dude that arcade is awesome! Where did you say you lived again?

I've been to the timezone in Brisbane when I was over there. Infinately better than anything in the uk (or Cyprus) obviously but not as good looking as yours!! Was mostly racers, beat-em-ups and a bit of guitar hero..

Comment

Good work Dave. How do you go about qualifiying for this work pass?

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                                Good work Dave. How do you go about qualifiying for this work pass?
                                The employer fills in a form and sends it in with my qualifications. Then I get one of two work passes. After I've proven I'm a good employee over the course of 5 years I can qualify for a permanent residence pass (I think).

I'll try and get to the few other Timezones that are on the outskirts, there may be some hope left for some SFIII/VF5 action.

Comment

Working...
                                X