Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    They also had a fairly impressive, 4 gun tomb raider cab
    I've seen that in the UK too; weird though. Tomb Raider isn't a shooty game to me.

Comment

Zoxon Z3D

"Introducing the world’s first volumetric arcade machine, the Z3D.
      After a successful debut at the Tokyo Game Show 2018, the world will now be able to purchase the Voxon Z3D. The Z3D’s unique and captivating visual appearance (think holograms from science fiction) has added a whole new dimension to gaming.

Pre-Order Now
      Why you need the Voxon Z3D…
      Just some of the features include:
      • Unique to Voxon (and science fiction) – Currently the only volumetric arcade in the world
      • A totally new form factor and gaming experience
      • 360 degree viewing enabling an extremely social and engaging experience with up to 4 players at a time
      • A suite of ready-made games come with the Z3D
      • Multi-game platform, ability to load new games remotely as they are developed
      • Ability to generate your own game experience (via Unity or Voxatron game engines or low low level programming in C)"

Comment

Twitch is a great replacement for arcades. Every game ever being played by multiple people with the ability for others to gather around and converse. It's also a good way to find multiplayer lobbies.

Comment

Pretty much nearly every friday from work 6pm till it closes at midnight i'm at arcade club in leeds. Even when i'm on my own i still have a laugh as i have ended up quite a few times playing stuff against total strangers. Still need to get a LOT fitter, despite my many health problems i'm determined to be able to play DDR a lot more. Even in my broken state i had a lot of fun playing along with the girl who invited me to play doubles think she just wanted to have someone dancing at the side of her as it's a bit less embarassing when there's two of you on there plus having a 42 year old bearded fatty tearing up the arrows tends to take the attention off you LOL.

Leeds has many very cool arcades now in arcade club. House of the dead scarlet dawn is amazing, i'm not normally one for zombie light gun games but that one is a full on event, there are subwoofers in the back of the seat and under it so you get boomed about along with that there is a compressor in the roof of the cabinet that fires blasts of air so when explosions go off you feel the shockwaves. When the helecopter started to land i could have sworn there was one above as you could feel the air from the blades it was a very cool effect. The monster hunter pig shagging game is pretty funny too. Well it's supposed to be a racing game where you grab your piggy by the ass and rock it back & forth but it's a kids game so at adult height it looks like you are going doggy style at your chosen pig. Doesn't help that one has a watermelon ass so the seeds make it look like it's got a prolapse lol.

The owner Andy very kindly gave into the constant requests of please get dance evolution and bought one for the arcade i'm determined to learn the routines and make the most out of it, it's a rare one to find in the uk. I have mad props for anyone who dares play that without knowing the routines it takes a lot of balls to stand in public and play that game. Shame its not yet rigged for the eamuse servers as there's songs that wont unlock without it but there's my absolute fave on there so i'm happy but it's a damn hard routine to learn. So far i have spent the past couple of days teaching myself heart placard by AKB48. Come friday i'm all set, unleash the jpop cheese mincing LOL i can't wait to try and see how much of the routine i remember for real.

Ther routine in question
          Last edited by importaku; 03-07-2019, 22:27.

Comment

Well if the rumours are true arcade club is about to get a lot of very cool music games, everyone’s guessing the machines while still in shrink wrap in the warehouse. Mai mai, and sound voltex heavenly haven are def in that pile for Leeds, I could have sworn there’s a samba de amigo machine there but it might be cho chabudai gaeshi 2. Someone has spotted that they saw taiko hd and dancerush stardom. If that’s true then that’s a huge addition as dance rush is really expensive and only came out the last couple of years in japan. Now the torture of waiting to see which site gets what, thankfully both sites will have mai mai & sound voltex.

Was gonna take a break over summer in this heat but I will not be able to avoid going with sound voltex in Leeds I love that machine.

Comment

I love how you're really getting into the arcade vibes, importaku!

What a fun way to exercise too, Smart Party.

I think you forget some of us normals have no idea what most of those cabs are. I thought I knew what Sound Voltex is, but I was thinking of Jubeat.

For those of us who don't speak fluid importaku, here's the gist of what these machines look like:

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              Mai mai

sound voltex

heavenly haven

samba de amigo

cho chabudai gaeshi 2

taiko hd

dancerush stardom

Comment

I always dreamed of been able to play these music games in an arcade as until now the only way I got to play was when they made it to home consoles. With everything on freeplay in arcade club it’s perfect as you can learn them without pressure of wasting a quid a go. When I need to cool off and rest I go upstairs and enjoy the retro cabs, love spending most fridays there.

Comment

I guaranteed Nintendo will get that Zoxon Z3D tech into handheld form within fifteen years.

Comment

I always dreamed of been able to play these music games in an arcade as until now the only way I got to play was when they made it to home consoles. With everything on freeplay in arcade club it’s perfect as you can learn them without pressure of wasting a quid a go. When I need to cool off and rest I go upstairs and enjoy the retro cabs, love spending most fridays there.
                    Sounds like a great night out.

I wish there was something permanent like that near me.
                    I keep trying to wangle a visit to the Manchester one, but my plans always fail.

Comment

Well Leeds now has dance rush stardom OMG, the hype is real.

Comment

They also have this one called scotto it looks like a beer pong game.

Comment

Few friends and I heading to Leeds this weekend to visit Arcade Club - not sure what their currently inventory is, but am looking to play a lot of session Gitadora and to see what the locals are up to on Third Strike. Should be a good day out!

Any chance of seeing an [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] in the wild?

Comment

Sadly I’m working all weekend or I would have popped along. Last time I checked gitadora is still there, sadly dance evolution was taken out to make room for crappy pump it up. Least they have dance rush stardom and they might have finally gotten around to putting sound voltex in there.

Comment

We have had an Arcade and retro console place open up in Norwich, Retro Replay Arcade, had a little look around last week it it instantly took me back.
                              They pride themselves in having the original hardware and cabinets, nothing will be running on emulators.

Upstairs they had arcades like Ridge racer, jumbo safari, point blank, pac-mania, afterburner, space invaders, galaxian, operation wolf, time crisis 2 with pedals, t2 judgment day, puzzle bobble, Nintendo playchoice 10, marvel vs Capcom probably some more I can’t remember. They will rotate and replace some out after time.

Downstairs they have consoles like, pc engine, snes, nes, vectrex, c64, spectrum and more, also the DDR cabinet is downstairs as well, also a couple of pinball tables as well.

£10 gets you a wristband will all day/night access, you can come and go as you please with the wristband.

Need to get in and get smashing Point Blank (with recoil guns) god damn loved that game in the arcades.

Comment

Nice - what's the name / where is it exactly? Both partner and I have friends in Norwich, so it's not outside of the realms of possibility that I might get to pop in some time

Comment

Working...
                                X