No announcement yet.

Arcades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In parts of Leeds, they have dancing games where they fire six guns at your feet.

Comment

I fancy going but I can only get down on an evening and there's no chance I'm leaving my motor in Leeds past sundown. Maybe if I can get down on the bus one night, fiddly though!

Comment

Where would you be traveling from? Its more a matter that its in Kristall (Headingly station is only 5 mins up the hill from where its situated). If you can get a return train journey to Headingley that'll take the strain off of driving.

At present they open on Thu/Fri evenings (adults only) and all weekend unless they've changed their opening hours. After 2-3 hours there its already covered the £16 entry fee so you'll get your money's worth quite quickly (iirc a full 9' pizza and a Corona cost £8 so food/drink prices are reasonable). There's an M&S Food store and a Costa with indoor/outdoor seating across the road in the retail park though if you want something different.

Comment

This is the legendary Kawasaki branch of Anata no Warehouse (“Your Warehouse”), a chain of amusement arcades in the Kantou region around Tokyo. On 19 November 2019, it will close down.

Shame, that crazy arcade that looks like a slum is closing.

"This is the Kawasaki branch of Anata no Warehouse (“Your Warehouse”), a chain of amusement arcades in the Kantou region around Tokyo. The Kawasaki branch is a fantasy recreation of the Kowloon Walled City, a mutant rat-king of buildings housing a Hong Kong slum that was demolished in 1994. Warehouse Kawasaki is also home to some very important original arcade cabinets from the 1970s, 80, and 90s.

On 17 November 2019, Warehouse Kawasaki will close down."

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
            In parts of Leeds, they have dancing games where they fire six guns at your feet.
            This made me laugh more than it should. I somehow ended up Down South in Lundun, had nothing to do so took a gamble on the Namco place, was very disappoiointed. Despite the name, hardly any Namco games? It seemed to go for a modern atmosphere but was quite seedy, not what I expected. A few good games, the majority were crap. Sorry if I sound overly crticical, was looking for a modern gaming environment.

Comment

Namco is pretty ghetto yeah. They have Time Crisis 5 though, which is cool. They also used to have the deluxe Outrun 2 with the hydraulic cabinet and two steering wheels per car, but sadly that's gone.

They do have a bar in there and it does kinda improve when you're drunk. Overall not great though.

Sadly there's nothing like Arcade Club down here. We definitely have more than we used to, with pockets of barcades here and there outside the centre, but there's nothing on anywhere near the scale of the 'Clubs. Keep hoping I have to go to Bury or Leeds for work at some point so I have an excuse to visit.

Comment

Arcade Club is yet the best of all and nothing compares to it in my opinion even if Namco is cool though.

I'm a huge spamming bellend
                Last edited by charlesr; 31-03-2020, 14:36.

Comment

The leeds one has dropped a little in my standing i was pretty disappointed on my last visit quite a few machines were broken and they had removed rainbow islands. Dance rush's dance pad was acting borked and they still havent returned dance evolution and got rid of that crappy pump it up machine that replaced it. Still no sound voltex either, think the leeds one needs more staff as the time i last went you barely saw anyone on the floor the only people i saw were behind counters serving or on the front desk or on the vr floor but even there it was so understaffed i was stood like a lemon after playing beat saber waiting for someone to take the helmet and controllers off my hands as i didn't want to just leave it on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    The leeds one has dropped a little in my standing i was pretty disappointed on my last visit quite a few machines were broken and they had removed rainbow islands. Dance rush's dance pad was acting borked and they still havent returned dance evolution and got rid of that crappy pump it up machine that replaced it. Still no sound voltex either, think the leeds one needs more staff as the time i last went you barely saw anyone on the floor the only people i saw were behind counters serving or on the front desk or on the vr floor but even there it was so understaffed i was stood like a lemon after playing beat saber waiting for someone to take the helmet and controllers off my hands as i didn't want to just leave it on the floor.
                    Did you go during the school holidays at all? I've noticed that when they're open all day, the machines can take a bit of a beating!

I enjoyed Leeds on my one visit there and it was nice to go somewhere different, but Bury is much closer to me and in general has a much better selection of retro games (which I find to be the main pull). The one thing I did like at Leeds were all the shmups in the VR room. Now they have the third floor at Bury, I really hope they'll add something like that. They replaced Ketsui with that pig riding game

Comment

Yeah i'm pretty sure it was during the school hols, i used to go a lot to support the place but as more of my fave games have vanished it's kind of killed the mood. It is a great arcade but the only thing at the moment i actually go for is playing nostalgia in the rhythm section. They have had bought another batch of sound voltex machines months ago and yet none have appeared in leeds. Not like an emulation problem as they already have the server emulation working at the bury site.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Namco is pretty ghetto yeah. They have Time Crisis 5 though, which is cool. They also used to have the deluxe Outrun 2 with the hydraulic cabinet and two steering wheels per car, but sadly that's gone. They do have a bar in there and it does kinda improve when you're drunk. Overall not great though. Sadly there's nothing like Arcade Club down here. We definitely have more than we used to, with pockets of barcades here and there outside the centre, but there's nothing on anywhere near the scale of the 'Clubs. Keep hoping I have to go to Bury or Leeds for work at some point so I have an excuse to visit.
                        I would have liked the Outrun 2... Time Crisis was the best they had for me, but I've played it before. It was hidden quite well downstairs past the bar. The ratio of good to bad games was terrible, if they had a few better ones it would have been a bit more fun. I don't know why I played the Terminator light gun one, either the machine is laggy, my gun was damaged, and the game itself was terrible full of slowdown and glitching. The Aliens one was better. I've been right outside Arcade Club and never got to spend time in there, huge regret as I live nowhere near. My fave arcade closed in the 90s and nobody remembers it.

Comment

As far as I'm aware they still haven't fixed the sticking trigger on Star Wars Trilogy Arcade in Bury, I've asked them multiple times to look at it too. I've also noticed other games with busted control issues and X-Men is in dire need of a board reset button as people usually pump it full of credits and when they walk off it just sits there with no way to reset and no one playing it. It'd be nice if the staff do a once over now and again to see if everything is working ok as people are paying good money to expect everything to work.

Comment

To be fair I do think the vast majorty of things are in good condition. I take your point about Star Wars Trilogy, but usually I find where there is a dodgy button or something it's fixed by the next time I go. And in my experience there are rarely more than one or two machines down on any night (although like I say, it can be worse during the school holidays when they've been open all day).

I do feel the retro floor has lost more than it's gained in the past 12 months, though I can appreciate the newer games are also very popular. To be fair they were at breaking point space-wise, so I'm hoping the new floor will allow for some more oldies as well as just newer arcade games and consoles. Daytona 2 is a nice start!

Comment

Went the Bury arcade club for the first time since the 3rd floor opened, seems like i'm going to moan abit but i did enjoy myself, so that aside.... the mario kart 2 player setups all across one side of the room seems a real waste of real estate, and the middle circle of xbones for kids to silently play fortnite and minecraft on... please just go do it at home. Daytona 2 dual cab game was just to small for me to enjoy, anyone 6foot+ will have trouble getting into it, and the right cab won't slide back.

MGS online was fun for 10 minutes shooting targets or bots using the various novelties of a P90 lightgun with duck/reload and movement on it for the none trigger hand, a mic and 3d glasses which worked well, but without 7 other cabs for multiplayer it's really limited.

The physical stuff with the sonic branded air hockey and the basketball hoops all worked well and surprisingly most of the pinball machines worked.

Other floors much the same, since i last went they've added some sort of sega made music game where you hit buttons set up in a circles around the screen, decent game but i couldn't hear the songs, about 2 or 3 new touch screen music games that all looked the same to me, also added a really cool light projection arcade to simulate clay pigeon shooting complete with a heavy ass shotgun, had a hoot playing that. Sadly the right cab for Taiko Drum was busted, SW arcade stick felt off, like it had been ragged on by some drunk chavs, Chase HQ wheel had to be turned 2 or 3 times to register it had and super hang on had a knackered monitor which was a really bummer, love playing that game when i'm there.

Most fun was on the 4 player Bishi Bashi (as normal for the mates i go with) and a new surprise in the 4 player pac-man game which is awesome.

I also don't understand todays kids, the 3rd floor had 10 or so powerful pc's for use, 6 of them in use just watching youtube... at least 3 of them of various minecraft letsplays, the other 4 playing rollbox and fortnite.

Comment

That’s a shame about the Star Wars stick still feeling busted, I’ve got a high score to chase on there too. If I remember correctly Killer Instinct also has borked controls so that’s another one that can be taken off the list to play. It seems like the retro floor is somewhat relegated in favour of the newer experiences on the other floors. I’m all in favour of getting new stuff in that I wouldn’t ordinarily try but I’d like it if they extended a little TLC to the classics that are already there.

Comment

Working...
                                X