No announcement yet.

The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a serious update and is going to take some getting used to. I like the sounds of it though, but I'll miss the look and feel of the current dash, it's how the 360 was launched.

Comment

I've had that black screen too, you using VGA by any chance? I suspect i's switching to 50hz which is why my tv says out of range

Comment

VGA it is. It only seems to happen on certain videos.... videos which used to work, annoyingly.

Comment

Seriously looking forward to this update, I love new cahnges to my 360, keeps things fresh and interesting.

Comment

Aye. It's almost like gatting a new machine. Useful updates on all three machines are always a good thing.

Comment

I think it looks lovely. Nice and clean and 2008ey.

I'm also hoping that the update will contain some smaller things that may have gone unmentioned in among all the hoopla ... like getting iPod connectivity working again for starters.

And mkv support ... well, I can dream, can't I?

Comment

I dont like the look personally, but as above, updates like this do keep things feeling fresh and such which is always nice

Comment

I must admit I was kind of hoping for something a bit more radical when they said it was being done by the same folk as the interfaces in minority report, but I suppose they are restricted by size etc..

Still looks really nice though. I think the blade interface certianly did its job, but is starting to look cluttered now.

Comment

While it's always nice to get something new, and this will inject a bit of new life in to the dashboard, I think it's all rather dull TBH. I'd much have preferred a system like that mockup from the other week. It has a definite 360 Dashboard look, immediately identifiable, yet neater and less cluttered.

Comment

I think that mockup looks terrible, even more Fisher Price-esc than the one we have now. I love the new look btw.

Comment

I agree, the new design looks much better than that mock up which looks way too cluttered with information all over the place. The new design is very simple and minimalistic, easy on the eye.

Comment

Another thumbs down here for the mock-up.

I'm yet to be 100% convinced by the new system (probably won't be till I try it) but that one above is even more cluttered and unwieldy than the existing one has become (whilst also managing to look like a boring Windows OS layout).

Comment

the main problem with that mockup is on 99% of tv's out in the field you'd lose a ton of info due to overscan around the edges, in practice you have to leave at least 10% on all sides and ideally more like 20% because you just can't trust all TV's to display the entire frame.

Comment

Well I prefer it I like the boldness, all the info is there. I like the artwork on show.

What they need to do is allow you to skin the dashboard so we can all **** about drawing boxes and placing what we want where we want it.

Comment

That mock up looks horrible. You don't need the links to the other pages taking up half the screen when not in use.

Comment

Working...
                                X