The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FSW View Post
    I think this has been brilliant. Just seen final episode of the current run. Fantastic. Shane is awesome!!!

"You're right man, that is enough" *BLAM!*

Just awesome!

Comment

Spoiler Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by idfei; 04-12-2011, 22:38.

Comment

Neat video, I'm all up to date with what's been shown so far of season two, thought the first season was great but this one has been very lacklustre, some episodes only really have action for the last five minutes, and one episode only featured one zombie!
        Think it's just too drawn out, another short season probably would have been a better idea.

Hope they have recruited more extra's during the ten week break!

Believe a third season is on the cards too, be quite surprised if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
          Believe a third season is on the cards too, be quite surprised if that's the case.
          Why would you be surprised?

They confirmed a third series after the first two second season shows had aired.

The first season premiere had the highest ever cable viewers, and the second season's premiere beat its own record.
          Each episode either been the number one viewed cable show or the top non-sporting one. Only American Football games seem to be able to budge it.
          Most of the episodes have been well received by critics too.

I agree that these episodes have been fairly slow moving, but that's what it takes to establish characters. If you want zombies attacking every few minutes, you might as well play Left 4 Dead

Do you not think the extended zombie-free scenes make the one with them more tense?
          I definitely miss the earlier comic's city run for supplies, but how many times can you do that before it gets repetitive?

Have I misunderstood your point? I don't want to quote you out of context, Sir!

Robert Kirkman always said of the comic that he wanted it to run and run as the restrictions of the running time of zombie films frustrated him.

This slower form of story telling might work for the television show and the comic, but I'm not sure how it will work as a video game?

EDIT: Chuck Norris as Rick Grimes?!
          Last edited by QualityChimp; 09-12-2011, 12:34.

Comment

Knew viewing figures had been high throughout, but didn't really realise the long term plan for the show as not been in to the comics etc. Can only think of one or two jumpy/scary bits all season to be honest, guess where this show is concerned I just want action action action!

Know people who have given up on the show four or five episodes in to the second season, but I stick with it to the end, a 10 week break is a hell of a long time though.

Doesn't help watching this at the same time as Sons of Anarchy which I think has been fantastic again this season.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
              Knew viewing figures had been high throughout, but didn't really realise the long term plan for the show as not been in to the comics etc. Can only think of one or two jumpy/scary bits all season to be honest, guess where this show is concerned I just want action action action!

Know people who have given up on the show four or five episodes in to the second season, but I stick with it to the end, a 10 week break is a hell of a long time though.

Doesn't help watching this at the same time as Sons of Anarchy which I think has been fantastic again this season.
              The comics are much better than the show and much more exciting. The show is slow because they have loosely been basing each 50 minute episode around a 24 page issue of the comic and it's all been far too drawn out for its own good, plus all the changes they have made haven't improved the story at all and in most cases made it worse.

Comment

Keeping shane alive has been a master stroke though. I think this show is brilliant!

Comment

Massively disappointing restart for me after the explosive last episode. Save for an awesome climax, the whole episode was pretty dull

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                    Massively disappointing restart for me after the explosive last episode. Save for an awesome climax, the whole episode was pretty dull
                    Can't wait for this to start again on Friday...been an agonisingly long wait.

Neil

Comment

Something crazy has happened, The Walking Dead is worth watching again!

Comment

SPOILER WARNING

A casting for a big role in Season 3 confirmed

The Walking DeadDavid Morrissey will join AMC’s zombie drama “Walking Dead” as The Governor, the main villain of season three. In the comics Rick and his group encounter the character when they find a new settlement of survivors in Woodbury. While Rick is a kind and fair leader, the Governor is anything but. [Source: The […]

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                          Something crazy has happened, The Walking Dead is worth watching again!
                          This times x1000, the shift in quality over the past two episodes has been immense, EP10 is probably my favourite from both seasons now. Lori continues to get on my nerves though.
                          Last edited by Rep; 27-02-2012, 08:22.

Comment

I have to say that I'm really surprised at how down on series 2 so many people have been. True, there's been a change in atmosphere but I have found every episode just as compelling as series one, albeit in a different way.
                            Having said that though, the last few episodes have been amazing. I just find the quiet drawn out moments make the shooting and action all the more exciting.
                            Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

I think it depends on how you feel about the characters. Mates I've spoken to about it who haven't enjoyed S2 generally don't get on with the characters themselves and miss the action of the first series. Maybe they're just good characters, or I'm easily pleased, but I like all of them so I enjoy these 'quiet' episodes and, like you say, they make the action more exciting. I've loved every episode so far and, unless they do something hilariously bad with the direction, I'll keep enjoying them.

Comment

Last 2 episodes have been brilliant. If you think Lori is annoying in the tv show, try reading the comics lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X