No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm going to have to give Season 2 a try, hopefully it clicks. I'm praying its not actually quieter than Season 1 though, most of S1 was dull as hell.

Comment

If you found season 1 dull(?!), you'd be wasting your time with 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
        If you found season 1 dull(?!), you'd be wasting your time with 2.
        Agreed. Though personally I love this show.

Comment

I just struggled with how predictable it all was. I know the story does go into areas eventually where there are some proper twists and turns, its just whether Season 2 gets to these or pads it out with more cliche zombie dodging or survivor dopeyness. In a post apocalyptic style zombie world I have to believe the surviving humans are around for a reason. Some of the characters in S1 would never have survived that long.

Comment

Comment

Another good episode. Did they get in new writers during the break or something? The show has suddenly got some good character scenes to match the (consistantly good) zombie scenes.

Comment

lol you didn't need to spoiler that

Probably should've said

Cracking episode.

Comment

After this week's episode, boo this series for proving that they really are

killing off all the best characters and leaving all the unlikable ones alive. Poor Dale.

At this point it's so far removed from the comics I don't know what it is anymore. I know I should be treating it as it's own thing, but it's hard not to do that when you know a bit more.

Comment

It's becuase thse story in the comics is pretty much perfect for what it is. They have made a lot of changes to the series and none are particularly for the better, they aren't using the characters well at all and the show has few very of the kinds of shocking moments the comic is packed with.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                      It's becuase thse story in the comics is pretty much perfect for what it is. They have made a lot of changes to the series and none are particularly for the better, they aren't using the characters well at all and the show has few very of the kinds of shocking moments the comic is packed with.
                      Haha, so leaving Shane alive wasn't for the better? Seriously it was woefully unexplored in the comics. The comics are good comics and the tv show is a good tv show. Some people have such negative attitudes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppy2000 View Post
                        Haha, so leaving Shane alive wasn't for the better? Seriously it was woefully unexplored in the comics. The comics are good comics and the tv show is a good tv show. Some people have such negative attitudes.
                        His death was one of be best moments in the first year of the comics, the show has had no moments like it, so no leaving him alive wasn't for the better.

Also, eventually killing him in the show wont lead to a greatly shocking moment, people will just cheer becuase on the show he's depicted as a psychotic asshole.
                        Last edited by rmoxon; 11-03-2012, 10:08.

Comment

Spoilers on that might have been a good idea guys.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                            His death was one of be best moments in the first year of the comics, the show has had no moments like it, so no leaving him alive wasn't for the better.

Also, eventually killing him in the show wont lead to a greatly shocking moment, people will just cheer becuase on the show he's depicted as a psychotic asshole.
                            You clearly just want the comic story left exactly the same as it was, to me that would make the show pretty pointless. I'm happy with the differences they have made. The Shane/Rick relationship is interesting. I think even the comic creator has expressed regret at how Shane was dealt with (in the comic). It's my favourite show at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial View Post
                              Spoilers on that might have been a good idea guys.
                              Sorry it's been talked about in here extensively, didn't think I was spoiling anything.

Originally posted by Stoppy2000 View Post
                              You clearly just want the comic story left exactly the same as it was, to me that would make the show pretty pointless. I'm happy with the differences they have made. The Shane/Rick relationship is interesting. I think even the comic creator has expressed regret at how Shane was dealt with (in the comic). It's my favourite show at the moment.
                              I would be open to a change in the story if they improved it but I don't feel they have.

The story on the show isn't very good, hardly anything ever happens on it to be honest. Compared to a lot of shows I'm watching at the moment this has a very boring and predictable plot that never seems to go anywhere. It's hardly up the with the likes of Justified, Spartacus and Supernatural as far as exciting shows go.
                              Last edited by rmoxon; 11-03-2012, 11:57.

Comment

Didn't you like the Sophia story? I thought it was good. Also there are large parts of the comic where not much happens. Obviously reading something allows you to set your own pace which can compensate for the down time. Personally I like the show and the comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X